Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 12:44 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Wooden siding can be great.

T1-11 is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 01:57 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

KC developers make a KILLING in JoCo because they throw up some real crap and people buy them up like they are built with the better materials. If people are buying them the way they are at the prices they have them at, there is little incentive to offer a lot of upgrades till you get into the very upper tier of homes. By upper tier I mean quality, not price.

Developers use the same materials in other suburbs of Kansas City, including on the Missouri side, as they do in Johnson County. The houses generally cost more in Johnson County because of the LOCATION, but same materials as they use in Lee's Summit and elsewhere for the same type of home.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
It's all the same cheap crap, and it's everywhere developers want to throw up housing inexpensively, regardless of the price tag they smack on it.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:16 PM

767 posts, read 1,322,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Very strange that I haven't seen one. No, it's not something builders use here. Hardie board and stucco are the standard.
I've seen it as well. Places like Aurora, Westminster, and several of the new subdivisions that are showing up east of the airport. I'm betting you can find it in the Greeley area as well.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:01 PM

396 posts, read 999,113 times
I'm not certain what kind of siding we had but the home I grew up in had siding that looks a lot like the siding here in the KC suburbs. My parents lived there for 24 years and in all that time only had to replace one panel. They painted it probably 3-4 times in that time period and when they painted it, it wasn't because it looked bad like the paint was wearing off or peeling at all. The home I live in now appears to be the same stuff. Personally, I'm not worried. We've been in our home 5 years, which isn't really long, but the paint looks just as good as new and everything is holding up well so far. Like I said, I'm no professional but I feel like it's going well. Now, is brick and stone awesome, for sure. If I ever build my own home there will be more stonework involved.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Developers use the same materials in other suburbs of Kansas City, including on the Missouri side, as they do in Johnson County. The houses generally cost more in Johnson County because of the LOCATION, but same materials as they use in Lee's Summit and elsewhere for the same type of home.
Exactly.

Out here they're getting $1,000,000++ for homes made from the same crap - and less of it. Out here, for example, insulation is a luxury and a cost builders would laugh at the idea of using. It's not the critical need that it is in the central plains, but it's still a need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City