Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM

37 posts, read 73,399 times

Advertisements

I need to vent for a moment...You've been warned!

I have spent all morning on the phone and computer trying to locate some possible rentals for us to look at when we come up to KC next month.

I get folks who only want to talk to you if you want to rent right now, today, or I get scamers.

How hard is it for someone to tell me if they might have rentals (house, townhouse, or duplex) that would be ready to be rented in Nov. or the first of Dec.?

I've rented out properties before and knew when the the lease was up and if I was going to keep that renter or not. I understand that many places may not know for sure until 30 days before the lease ends due to the current renters not letting the owners know. But...Everyone!

As you can tell, I hate not having everything planned out well in advance. I sure hope I don't have to just suck it up for 6-8 more weeks.

What's up with so many places trying to push the rent to own?

If you know of anyone that may have a place that fits our needs please send them my way. Needs:
1. House/townhouse/duplex with a good elementary school.
2. Fenced in yard (big or small). We have 2 mid sized dogs.
3. Storage, basement would be great.
4. Garage
5. 30 min. rush hour drive from midtown.
6. 2-3 bedrooms.
7. $700-$900 a month, 6 month-1 year lease.
8. Fireplace would be nice.

So, am I asking for too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 14,979 times
No. Absolutley not. My husband found out today that we are being transferred to KCMO and wiill need to be there by Oct. 1st. Talk about stressed!! We also have 2 kids who will need great schools.
I cannot offer any suggestions- I would only like to say good luck and keep your chin up.
Also- what sites are you looking at to find out if an area is safe? That is my biggest concern!!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM

448 posts, read 1,460,369 times
I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't realize people would act like that. I would think they would be happy to have a potential renter and income. Do you know what school district you are looking for?

Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,870,443 times
Some places certainly are pushier than others. When we first moved here, we just looked around Independence, and didn't have too many problems like that. The bigger complexes seemed to be much more anxious than the individual property owners. I'd stay away from some of those rental-finder type places, they can be very annoying.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 7,350 times
When we moved here we had a terrible time finding a place to rent initially. Can you come for a weekend visit and perhaps in person landlords would be more willing to work with you.
There seems to be a lot of movement here where we live during the summer months, then when school starts - everything seems to have been filled. (we're in the shadow of William Jewel College).

One thing I have found out moving here is - a lot of rentals do allow animals.

Where we moved from it was almost impossible. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Last edited by chaneyz; 09-13-2009 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: update

Old 09-13-2009, 01:08 PM

131 posts, read 321,195 times
A little bluntness here:

Some things in life are stressful. Moving is one of them, especially long-distance moves. Eating vanilla ice cream is not stressful. Deal with it.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,640,387 times
Our friend moved here from western New York after landing a job in Johnson County. He got here at the beginning of September, and is staying with us while he secures an apartment and a car...every place we toured this weekend in Overland Park, which are the necessary distance from his workplace, has openings in November at the earliest. So looks like we'll have a houseguest for a bit longer than we figured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City