Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,883 times

Advertisements

DO NOT RETAIN THESE CRIMINALS. I went over every detail of my past with the attorney, Maura Cunningham, out of the Philadelphia office; this was for a custody hearing. Spent $1,500 of my fee in the first 2 weeks on emails and a continuance that she asked for because of her own personal schedule; not business conflict. This schedule conflict should have been disclosed when I retained them since she said to ask for an emergency hearing. Shes asks for it knowing she would not be available. Also paid for her to have a phone conference with another C&C attorney in Pittsburgh which they billed as a strategy conference. $190/hr for Maura and $250/hr for the other attorney, Courtney Knox. The day before the continued hearing I'm told a new attorney, Dan Cuneo, will be handling my case that day due to another conflict. I was assured that Dan Cuneo was up to date on my entire case. I met Mr. Cuneo before the hearing, he talked a great game and said all the right things. My wife showed up without an attorney, she has never been inside a courtroom before for any reason. Needless to say she won her first case against a so called experienced attorney. I went in as the plaintiff and left feeling like I was just handed a death penalty. Dan Cuneo actually told a female judge that I was afraid for my daughters health because my wife was breast feeding the baby and the baby is lactose intolerant. The judge politely, and with a slightly justified smirk, informed him that lactose intolerance comes from cow milk. He was told multiple times before the hearing that the pediatrician said to stop breast feeding after 1 year because there is insufficient nutrition and it will keep the baby from eating properly; save the bresat for night time only. He also repeated the same argument over and over, which was verbatim from our filed complaint, even though the judge dismissed it as irrelevant the first time. The days after you get apology after apology and an assurance that they will do better next time; and they also offer their trademark $200 refund. Now that I've cancelled all my credit cards, closed all my bank accounts I will be reporting this firm and each and every attorney involved in my case to the state bar assoc. Fortunately for me I volunteer with a state senator in my neighborhood, and after reading all the paperwork, emails and transcipt from my case he offered to assist in helping with this. I feel bad for the others who have to take what this firm dishes out because they just don't know better. Hopefully this post will open peoples eyes and help them avoid this corrupt company. The attorney, Dan Cuneo, works out of the MO office and is licensed in PA as well; that way they can bill you for his flight and hotel. As for the result of my hearing in which I was the plaintiff; I was ordered to have 2 hours per week supervised visits with my little girl. A girl who I spent 7 days a week with at playgrounds, b'day parties, family picnics, etc. Supervised visits are held in a dirty room filled with nothing but chairs and tables and a couple of toys that don't work; and they have the equivalent of unqualified rent-a-cops that watch you. The real victim of C&C's negligent representation of me is my little girl, and for that alone I will do my best to make everyone aware of this criminal enterprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,753 times
There are many unhappy customers. Note that Cordell & Cordell has never changed any law in this country. It's all sales & marketing cra p.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
I have been looking also (Jackson County) I know now to avoid C&C, but no one in this entire thread has made a referral. Please submit names and contact information on someone who will be best for the husband
Thanks

Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,760 times
NO and NO!!!!!! Cordell and Cordell in reality loves women, and this is a scam. Since they know that usually guys make more money, so they lure guys into filing for divorce/custody modification/or whatever ... They will get your credit card, and go on vacation, didnt return calls, they funny thing is they usually called me at my home number even thou i told them to call me on my cell, so they can bill you for a VM. Well about their customer care...LOl its a joke. They try to be nice and sweet talk, but in actuality they try to keep the billing on the roller-coaster going... so you get clam down and the results are disastrous. My Lawyer Dan Cuneo dropped out of my case 4 weeks to go, left me scrambling, and helpless. As you can see in this blog, they are trying to defend. I went to Cordell and cordell to get an advise, and they told me peice of case and they will take care of it, and once the case was filed, and my ex found out about it, my ATTY Dan Cuneo handed my kids to my ex with no evidence, just her say. And the billing was just speed of light. He didn't answer any calls for a week, and every voice mail i left Dan Cuneo charged me for it...trying to follow the contract agreement, but he ethically violated my representation, and fooled me and my kids. He took away ther success and kids actice father away from them. He also discolsed any confidential convo we had to the GAL, and GAL all of the sudden wanted to award the full custody to kids mother...Cordell and cordell billed me $30k for just phone calls, and not even an depo or defending me. I didn't get to see my kids for 4 months. Cordell and cordell will mislead you and they will try to make your case very complex, and will make you bankrupt. Please research, educate yourself with family law. I was discriminated by cordell and cordell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City