Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,531 times

Advertisements

So here is my issue, Its lengthy but all important.

My husband and I moved out March 25th, we were on a month to month lease at this point since we never filled out a renewal form once our year lease ended.

I contacted my landlord informed him of our move 65 days in advance, on the phone.

With my last months rent I sent a letter in which stated we still were on track and planned on being out by the end of March. I paid my rent in full through the end of March.

May 6th, I still had no return deposit, no itemized list, no contact what so ever by the landlord. He returned my call on the 7th and said he had forgot about and he would send it right away. I said no big deal I understand.

I received it May 8th. He charged me $280.00 for carpet cleaning, $35 for a screen replacement on storm door and $75.00 for 3 window screen repairs plus an additional $100 I granted him to keep for being understanding on a few months where I asked him to wait a week to cash the rent check.

I was suspicious on the carpet cleaning charges since it only cost me $150 a year ago. Then I found out from old neighbors he never had the carpets clean but new carpets installed. I photos to prove I didn't damage screens, they weren't there to begin with.

I emailed him told him I want my full deposit back he emailed back and claimed he replaced the carpet because it was destroyed. Which it clearly wasn't. Stated on move in walk through sheet it says every room had multiple stains. Plus he never mentioned anything prior to my dispute on the initial deductions sent May8th. In this email he started adding new charges that were never brought to my attention in the 43 days it took to get my itemized deduction list and never were they listed on the deduction list and they are false claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:47 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
You can check this link for the Landlord and Tenant Act for KS:Tenant Rights, Laws and Protections: Kansas - HUD and next time, do a walk-thru with a checklist the day you check out of the rental so that you will be protected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas