Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 32,025 times

Advertisements

My Wife and I are thinking of purchasing a Wardcraft Home and was wondering if anyone had any feedback or experience with them? Approximate cost for 1500 square foot home??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 31,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhscubs View Post
My Wife and I are thinking of purchasing a Wardcraft Home and was wondering if anyone had any feedback or experience with them? Approximate cost for 1500 square foot home??
My husband and I are also interested in a wardcraft home, We are planning a trip to their show room in kansas. Hope to tour several model homes, will let you know.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 31,713 times
We are in the process of moving from Ohio to Missouri. We want to buy our lot and buy the home from Wardcraft. If you already visitited their Olate, Kansas showroom, can you please share your experience? My research on google hasn't resulted in any valuable info that doesn't apply to regular homes. Basically they all advise to check out local community/municipality code whether or not they allow a manufactured home; to obtain an experienced inspector to check out the installation process, to obtain additional insurance on transportation & installation as if things go wrong, the transporter, installer & manufacturer play the blame game; they also advise to check with Better Business Bureau etc. Also, if anyone can share any information on modular homes & the issues, it would be great! Thanks in Advance!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 31,693 times
Some of my family works at Wardcraft homes and my husband used to...honestly my opinion I wouldn't want to be in this house when a large storm comes up. They are not built that well....within 5 years you will have cracks in the wall and stuff!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:41 AM
ejw

1 posts, read 31,375 times
Default wardcraft homes

I think they are a well built home (I own One) just purchased it this past summer. Problem lies with them not taking care of problems after the purchase and our contractor that set it up is terrible. ther is no warranty with wardcraft.be careful when purchasing get everything in writing their word is no good.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 31,233 times
I am a real estate appraiser, and have appraised Wardcraft homes since 1989. They are a great modular home and as far as I am concerned they are a well built modular. Wardcraft builds only modular homes. They never build any hud code manufactured homes. These homes are better built than many other factory built homes on the market. They are only one of a few factories that will let you design your own home. I just appraised one near Ark City, KS that was 2 story and had a 3 car garage. I have been in the Clay Center show room many times.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 PM

3 posts, read 65,229 times
Wardcraft homes do not fall under the manufactured home statutes. They are modular homes. Different rules. I know about Wardcraft Homes - I work for them. I've been there for five years. I was amazed the first time I saw them, and I'm still amazed. Think about it - A full-sized home is lifted and set down several times, put on a trailer and carried to your homesite, then lifted again and set onto your foundation. They HAVE to be better built than the typical site-built home to withstand all of that. Since I've been here I've paid attention to how other homes are built, and I can assure anyone they are built better than any site-builts I've seen. We have very dedicated craftsmen and women who take pride in their work. Anyone interested should definitely come to Clay Center, KS, Minden, NE or Ft Morgan, CO and take a tour of one of our plants. You will be impressed, as I continue to be. One last thing: Wardcraft Homes builds single family ranch homes, multi-story homes, commercial buildings, duplexes, multi-family apartment buildings - anything you can think of. Wardcraft Homes builds for individuals, families, corporations, local, state and federal government agencies. Something must be being done right. And yes, there is a warranty - in addition to the warranties by all the manufacturers of products going into a home, WCH sends people out for a year or more, to correct any problems that may arise during that time.

Last edited by rudy58; 01-06-2008 at 12:29 PM..

Old 01-06-2008, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 65,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpper29y View Post
Some of my family works at Wardcraft homes and my husband used to...honestly my opinion I wouldn't want to be in this house when a large storm comes up. They are not built that well....within 5 years you will have cracks in the wall and stuff!
I'm guessing this person is not well informed about these homes.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 30,714 times
We purchased a Wardcraft home from the Clay Center, KS plant 8 years ago after spending a year looking at alternatives. We signed our contract in December 1999 and the house was moved to our site in July 2000. We moved in in August.

The materials and workmanship for a our Wardcraft home were superior to all others that we looked at. We wanted something that was energy efficient. We use about 400 gallons of propane during the winter and usually have a monthly electric bill over $100 one or two months (July / August). Our home is 30' by 48' with a full basement. The attached garage was built onsite after the house was set on the foundation.

We were told by our salesman, who was also our contractor, that there could be cracks in the sheet rock at the corners of the large patio door as a result of the moving. That is where cracks showed up which were repaired at no cost to us. We had a few nail "pops" in the sheet rock which we were told would probably occur. The ones in the first year were repaired by our contractor.

When people ask, I never fail to recommend that they visit and tour the plant to see the quality of materials and workmanship. There are at least 6 other Wardcraft homes within 10 miles of us that have come from the Clay Center plant.

We sat down with the salesman and designed exactly what we wanted before we signed the contract. I spoke with a local house builder who told me that he cound not stick build the house on site for the price we paid Wardcraft. If we were ever to build another house we would not hesitate to go back to Wardcraft.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 49,182 times
Smile 32 Years in Wardcraft Homes

We bought a 28 x 44 Wardcraft home in 1976. It was warm, efficient, comfortable, and solid, having withstood some terrific Kansas weather without any problem. We lived in it for 17 years and it continues to serve its present owner very well. We did have a severe problem with it initially. A roof truss failed after about 4 years for an unknown reason and our living and dining room ceilings became badly distorted. After describing the problem and showing it to a Wardcraft representative, they immediately sent a Wardcraft crew to totally repair the truss and replace the ceiling in the living and dining rooms while we took a two-week vacation. Later in 1994, we purchased a second 28 x 48 Wardcraft home with a two-car garage for a farm employee. This house has also served us well. Wardcraft has had a quality product and, from what I hear, they continue to do a good job. Their houses are a solid investment and make a good home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas