Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 PM

7 posts, read 14,151 times

Advertisements

Hey all! I am hoping that by this July my very large employeer will allow me to transfer. I am looking at the Lexington area. Relocating there still allow me to visit my family being 5 or 6 hours away and let me get away from the horrible Ohio winters. Another reason is the taxes, I am currently paying $3,800 yearly just on property taxes.

I was looking at somewhere possibly south of Lexington with some land and easy fishing access. Any info or insight is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,935,341 times
Lots of info. about Lexington and environs is available throughout the Kentucky forums. Is there anything in particular which interests you (in addition to fishing??).

Does your family live in Kentucky or another state? Driving distance will vary depending on where you choose to live in Kentucky.

You might want to look at property near Lake Cumberland or Laurel Lake, both of which are south of Lexington - the commute to Lexington would be easy for weekends but long for daily work. Lake Herrington is much smaller, but is also much closer to Lexington - you could live there and commute to town or find work in nearby Danville. Land along the Kentucky River, which borders Fayette County, might work well for you, too.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Lots of info. about Lexington and environs is available throughout the Kentucky forums. Is there anything in particular which interests you (in addition to fishing??).

Does your family live in Kentucky or another state? Driving distance will vary depending on where you choose to live in Kentucky.

You might want to look at property near Lake Cumberland or Laurel Lake, both of which are south of Lexington - the commute to Lexington would be easy for weekends but long for daily work. Lake Herrington is much smaller, but is also much closer to Lexington - you could live there and commute to town or find work in nearby Danville. Land along the Kentucky River, which borders Fayette County, might work well for you, too.
Thanks for the information, very helpful. As long as I have easy access to I-75, I don't mind a little bit of a haul but I'd like to keep it under an hour one way. My employeer has a job located just south of Lexington so it would be there or I would stay in Ohio. I have relatives fairly close in Cincinnati, so that is a plus.

I will definately give realtor.com a look as a start. Are there any other real estate sites worth looking at? I'm just in the very preliminary stages but it never hurts to look early.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Great information. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky