Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 11,589 times

Advertisements

Hi!

My husband and I are looking to move to Hickman County KY. Looking for anyone's thoughts on the area.

Also how affected was western KY in the flood of 1993?

We are both great lovers of nature and the outdoors. Looking for acreage where we can get back to small town living. From what we've seen we like Hickman & Fulton Counties.

Thoughts anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 07:05 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,295 times
The flooding was not as bad here as up river, there is a lot of nature here. As long as you are not in the bottom lands or bayou areas the occasional flood will not effect you, except some roads being closed. Even Hickman (the town) was not flooded and it's on the river.
How much land are you looking for and about were in the area are you looking. I know the area pretty well.

Last edited by Davart; 06-03-2007 at 07:29 PM..

Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the info. We're looking near state route 925 below 94. Looking for at least 4 acres. We want to have a garden and maybe a goat and some chickens. Anything you could tell us about this area would be wonderful. What does anyone in this area do for a living? My husband is a painter, with over 25 years experience and I've worked in customer service for various different companies. We are hoping to get back to a simple way of life.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjc View Post
Thanks for the info. We're looking near state route 925 below 94. Looking for at least 4 acres. We want to have a garden and maybe a goat and some chickens. Anything you could tell us about this area would be wonderful. What does anyone in this area do for a living? My husband is a painter, with over 25 years experience and I've worked in customer service for various different companies. We are hoping to get back to a simple way of life.
I think you mean 924 ... I know of the nice house for sale there, with 21 acres a pond and 2444 sq ft. It's $177,500.00 not sure how much you're looking to spend but there is another house with 7 acres/2100 sq ft on 924 for sale, but the price escapes me I'm thinking it's $89,500. That area is near Crutchfield.
There are a few jobs around but not many, so if you are moving for jobs keep that in mind. The realtors in the area are bad about websites I have a good friend who is a Realtor that also know the area I can put you in touch with, what is your move date or planned move date.
Fulton Co which is the area you noted is a code 9 and 10 on insurance which is high, and the property taxes are .9010 per 100. There is a small area between 924 and 94 in Hickman Co but I only know of one house for sale there and it's got a contract on it.
Hope this helps ...

Old 06-06-2007, 08:52 PM

It does help thank you. You mentioned insurance, do you mean home owners or car or both? So is Hickman County better for taxes and such? Are you in Hickman or Fultan County?

Not moving for jobs however will need to find something. So looking for some land away from people (crowds, traffic, etc) within a 30 minute drive to work. Is that possible there?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjc View Post
It does help thank you. You mentioned insurance, do you mean home owners or car or both? So is Hickman County better for taxes and such? Are you in Hickman or Fultan County?

Not moving for jobs however will need to find something. So looking for some land away from people (crowds, traffic, etc) within a 30 minute drive to work. Is that possible there?
LOL Away from crowds, traffic, etc ... that's anywhere including downtown!! I reside in Graves, but I have property in both Fulton and Hickman.I'm looking for more land right now so I kinda know what's for sale.
On insurance I'm talking property taxes, Hickman is .765 per 100, auto is not inflated do to geography it all depends on how well you drive. LOL Depending on what you are looking for and how many acres you want I know of a lot of property for sale. About any place in Western KY. The river counties are cheaper and the lake counties are high, Graves is in the middle. Which works well for me as I get be in about any western KY location in the same amount of time. Graves does have the best schools if you have kids, far as state rankings go.

Far as a 30 minute drives goes ... guess that depends on were you work.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,704 times
Default Hello, I have property in Hickman county for sale.

I have property that is for sale, the property is called Roberts Hill. There is 40 acres all tillable. The property sits high up when beautiful views in all directions. I have a verbal contract which may or may not come to be final, I am accepting offers. The property is located just off of hwy 307. think it is hwy 94 that it is located just prior to Hancock road.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:55 PM

21 posts, read 73,204 times
Davart,

Don't push Graves County. Just moved here last March and love it just as it is. HA

Old 12-16-2007, 03:49 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
ssjc, if you're looking for property in the area, go to www.realtor.com . Just put in the zip code and it will show you what's for sale there. I play around with that and see all the houses I can't afford every now and then! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky