Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times

Advertisements

Another thing about the furniture moving, I have an old high school friend who paints. She had one painting of an old house on her family property call the weaning house. Back in the early 1900s families sometime had a weaning house for a young couple when they got married. It was just a small house containing a bed, table, and 2 chairs. That was thought to be all the furnishings you needed when you got started. Maybe the new wife wasn't supposed to move some of that around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM

302 posts, read 629,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Alicia, like I've told people on here and I've seen others suggest, pick a date and come down for a week or so. Drive around and check out different parts of the state. Then you can decide which area you'd like to move to.
Well Im coming on Vacation in March.I have my eye on Lexington and surrounding suburbs, Oldham county and Nelson County

Old 12-15-2012, 07:37 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,739,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicia105 View Post
Well Im coming on Vacation in March.I have my eye on Lexington and surrounding suburbs, Oldham county and Nelson County
Those counties are Louisville suburbs. Lexington is 60 miles to the east and has more Appalachia influence, and is more a University town with some very nice surrounding small towns.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM

I guess the only way to tell is to visit all of them. Im going to have to take more than one vacation. This up and coming vacation is to Lexington only. The next one will have to be Nelson, Oldham and Louisville. I dont think I want to live in the cities but on the outskirts with some peace and quiet

Your saying Nelson and Oldham counties are suburbs of Louisville?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
Oldham County is considerably closer to Louisville than is Nelson County, as it touches Jefferson County. Much of it could be considered part of the Greater Louisville Metro. I would not consider Nelson County part of Louisville in any way.

Louisville is less than two hours from Lexington, so it would be quite possible to drive over in the morning, check out whatever you want to see, and get back by late afternoon.

How many days do you plan to stay in Kentucky?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:25 AM

I will only be there 4 full days

Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,795 times
Quote:
I guess the only way to tell is to visit all of them. Im going to have to take more than one vacation. This up and coming vacation is to Lexington only. The next one will have to be Nelson, Oldham and Louisville. I dont think I want to live in the cities but on the outskirts with some peace and quiet

Your saying Nelson and Oldham counties are suburbs of Louisville?
Hi Lady...I've been trying to keep up with your progress in looking for a new home, possibly in Kentucky. After reading probably all of your threads/post and reply's from others, you aren't certain where you might end up. Lexington or Louisville and sourrounding counties might be just what you are looking for and that is great if that's for you. You'll know more after your visit. But, on the other hand I can assure you there are many more towns or cities that can offer you what you are looking for.

As you may have noticed I am "Eastern Kentucky Proud". And, Eastern Kentucky isn't for everyone and neither is Lexington or Louisville. I'm sure some will disagree but, after nearly 60 years here, I would have got out of town a long time ago if I felt the need.

Good luck and Welcome to Kentucky!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 AM

Im sure all of Kentucky is lovely. I just need some space, some fresh air, blue skies, lots of horses, a newer, larger home in an area with low crime, good schools, Catholic churches and conservative people. Im open to anywhere I can find that in your state in a place that a Jersey girl and her family would be accepted

Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,795 times
Quote:
Im sure all of Kentucky is lovely. I just need some space, some fresh air, blue skies, lots of horses, a newer, larger home in an area with low crime, good schools, Catholic churches and conservative people. Im open to anywhere I can find that in your state in a place that a Jersey girl and her family would be accepted
Yep...that's exactly what I thought you were looking for.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:59 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,270,786 times
Quote:
Remember that Bardstown, KY, was the SECOND Catholic diocese established in the United States after Baltimore and the first west of the Appalachians:

Basilica of St. Joseph Proto-Cathedral - Bardstown, Kentucky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky