Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:13 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
I hear the crime is getting bad around Lex, lots of shootings lately......saw a beautiful home in Grayson KY I really like...but was told that Huntington and Ashland are very rough and gritty places...
Really? And so you just believe everything you hear? Most areas of Ashland and Huntington are going to be just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 07:01 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,247,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Really? And so you just believe everything you hear? Most areas of Ashland and Huntington are going to be just fine.
Yeah I was surprised at that as well, wouldve thought those areas would be safe. Then again I have read comments by some folks here that crime in eastern Ky is higher than one might yhink in some areas

Old 08-30-2014, 04:46 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
well I have heard from a realtor that they only go into Huntington when necessary cause Huntington was crime infested and run down is the impression I got when when speaking with her, and I read on CD that both Ashland and Huntington are mostly gritty and drug infested areas with lots of bas areas and crime....just stuff I read over time....that's all...yes though I have heard Grayson is ok

Old 09-03-2014, 11:49 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
well I have heard from a realtor that they only go into Huntington when necessary cause Huntington was crime infested and run down is the impression I got when when speaking with her, and I read on CD that both Ashland and Huntington are mostly gritty and drug infested areas with lots of bas areas and crime....just stuff I read over time....that's all...yes though I have heard Grayson is ok
You can always look at these places for yourself by looking on Google Streetview. I quickly found a lot of areas in Huntington, WV that are very nice, and the same for Ashland. I find it laughable that someone told you that Huntington was crime infested. But some people say things like that because they want to keep outsiders from moving to their city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky