Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:12 PM

201 posts, read 478,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedteach View Post
My boys are in to sports - big time. My husband and I are hoping that our youngest son might go to college on a scholarship.

I see that there is also a campground right in Walton by the name of Oak Creek. Has anyone been there? Is it nice? We might have to live in our travel trailer until we find good housing.

I also noticed that there is a racetrack nearby. Do they have Nascar? My boys are also into that.

This would be a big move for us but your posts are helping me feel better about it.
Thanks,
Leisa
You have four great high school's to choose from, well six, Kenton County has open enrollment. Boone is opening a new highschool called Cooper and also has Ryle, Boone, Conner and Walton. Walton only is just now starting a basketball program.

What does your son excel in?

Ryle has been in the state finals in football 2 of the past 4 years also good in baseball, Boone County produced Shaun Alexander and Dixie in Kenton County is a very good football team.

You also have private schools in Beechwood division 1 power house, and Covington Catholic, division 4/5 powerhouse in football close by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 03:38 PM

47 posts, read 152,128 times
Both boys play basketball and soccer but my youngest in better in soccer. It is very important to us that there is soccer available.

I think our boys will go to Walton-Verona Independent Schools. Other people have reported that they are good. They also have a job opening for me teaching special education. Hopefully that will workout.

This is such a scary move for us. We have never lived anywhere but Michigan. I hope we can sell our house here too!

Last edited by spedteach; 02-17-2008 at 03:57 PM..

Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 PM

201 posts, read 478,795 times
Quote:
Both boys play basketball and soccer but my youngest in better in soccer. It is very important to us that there is soccer available.

I think our boys will go to Walton-Verona Independent Schools. Other people have reported that they are good. They also have a job opening for me teaching special education. Hopefully that will workout.

This is such a scary move for us. We have never lived anywhere but Michigan. I hope we can sell our house here too!
Walton does have soccer and basketball, it's also a very good school.. Solid choice.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:41 AM

6 posts, read 20,292 times
Quote:
My boys are in to sports - big time. My husband and I are hoping that our youngest son might go to college on a scholarship.

I see that there is also a campground right in Walton by the name of Oak Creek. Has anyone been there? Is it nice? We might have to live in our travel trailer until we find good housing.

I also noticed that there is a racetrack nearby. Do they have Nascar? My boys are also into that.

This would be a big move for us but your posts are helping me feel better about it.
Thanks,
Leisa
I live in Verona which is only 5 miles from Walton.I drive what I consider the backway to work and pass by Oak Creek Camp grounds everyday.It is small but nice and very convenient to the interstate.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:47 AM

5 posts, read 14,253 times
Default Elementary Schools in Walton

What can you tell me about the elementary schools in the area? I have kids in K, 3rd and 5th.
Is there a military post with a commissary near by?.
Thanks,
Natalie

Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 PM

12 posts, read 28,298 times
I am looking for a rural area on the east coast of Ky. that is within 30 minutes of shoping..does walton have a Wall.mart? also I need good schools and a fairly inexpensive cost of living...I am planning on buying some land and putting a modular home on it...and what about the taxes..I read earlier that the taxes were high in Walton, what does that mean....thanks for any help.....

Old 08-07-2010, 06:46 AM

18 posts, read 55,773 times
Quote:
My husband is considering a job change and we might be moving to Walton. We have two sons ages 12 and 10. What can you tell me about the area?
Thanks for your help,
Leisa
Walton Ky is the Pill capitol of the state.
Nothing but druggies trolling around trying to sell there old radios and tv's for money to buy pills. Everyone in this town seems to have a 'back injury"
Its dirty looking and the weather is ugly and grey. Many better place to live.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:47 AM

183 posts, read 168,296 times
Very nice place to raise a family. I was raised their and would love to raise my family there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky