Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 04:36 PM

1,042 posts, read 873,399 times

Advertisements

I was hoping to get some advice. I'm so afraid of moving and was hoping to get some advice that might make me less frightened. Our family is mostly Autistic anyway, which makes fitting in hard anywhere. If no one wants to answer my questions, or finds them innapropriate, could you please advise me to another forum that people would be more likely to respond to. Whenever I look up Kentucky forums I only get this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 04:58 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
I'm not really sure how to answer you. Just about anywhere you want to move, there will be people ready to welcome you and offer help.
I don't know if you're talking about moving in general or moving to Kentucky. If you're talking moving in general, have you tried posting in the General Moving Issues forum? There may be somebody in that group who knows what you're going through and could offer some suggestions. Good luck.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:40 PM

1,042 posts, read 873,399 times
I'm talking more about moving to Eastern Kentucky. It's a totally different [and sounds wonderful] culture. Maybe i've been putting Kentucky on a pedestal?

Old 12-05-2022, 09:28 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Hi! Calm down, and down get discouraged by people not answering your threads. You just posted them, give people time.....and you have to remember Eastern Kentucky is very rural, and there aren't a lot of people on the board from that area (at least that I have noticed). Your questions were not inappropriate. Message board forums aren't always instant...sometimes it takes a while for people to read them and reply....and like I said Eastern Kentucky is rural, not a large population that frequents the board.

It can be really scary moving...but don't be afraid, just do a lot of research, and maybe visit the place or places that you are considering a move to. My Dad was in the Military so we moved around a lot, I found it best to look forward to moves and look at them as a chance for wonder and adventure. (But also like I said on a practical note, do visit and look around before making a huge move...your choice could be the best decision you have ever made or the worst mistake of your life...but you can't let fear stop you.)

On the whole most people in Kentucky are very friendly and down to earth, especially in Eastern Kentucky.
(But you can't paint everyone with such a wide brush....you have good eggs and bad eggs in every basket).

Welcome to the Kentucky forum here on City data. When are you planning on moving?
Do you know where you want to move to in Eastern Kentucky yet?
Oh wait! I remember talking with you before....You are wanting to move to....was it Prestonsburg area?
(Even my memory is getting slower with age!)

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 12-05-2022 at 10:27 PM..

Old 12-06-2022, 08:10 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,385 times
Just do a search here on the old CD...and you'll find all kinds of useful information about Eastern Kentucky. Just type in "Eastern Kentucky" set back and enjoy.

Old 12-06-2022, 05:29 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Maybe ask more specific questions and people will better know how to answer or what type of advice you are looking for?

Old 12-09-2022, 08:08 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times
Pikeville looks like a charming little town…

Old 12-09-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Pikeville looks like a charming little town…

I thought you were being sarcastic so I looked it up on Google street view. It seems pretty nice to me at least. Looks like it has some character and nice little downtown area. Even has a college and a hospital.

I think my biggest concern might be that it looks like the way the town is laid out it might be at risk of flooding? I could be way off but just an immediate knee jerk reaction

Old 12-09-2022, 09:18 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I thought you were being sarcastic so I looked it up on Google street view. It seems pretty nice to me at least. Looks like it has some character and nice little downtown area. Even has a college and a hospital.

I think my biggest concern might be that it looks like the way the town is laid out it might be at risk of flooding? I could be way off but just an immediate knee jerk reaction
Oh no, I was actually being serious - it looks a lot better than other small towns in the area.

Old 12-09-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Oh no, I was actually being serious - it looks a lot better than other small towns in the area.

I was quite pleasantly surprised looking at it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky