Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 01:53 AM

98 posts, read 392,016 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Brookhaven subdivision of Russellville around the middle of July. I am moving from Calif. and have never been to Kentucky.

I will be in need of a good all around handyman/who can paint, take down wall paper, etc. Anyone know of somebody good that you can count on????

I also need a good vet, and a good groomer in the area. I need a used appliance store, and are there any good consignment furniture stores close by or used furniture stores?????

Anyone who could give me any further info on Russellville, I would love it. My house is so sweet, and I am very excited to leave the fast lane and come to a small town, with Bowling Green and Nashville so close at hand.

Write and tell me what you like and don't like about Russellville....I appreciate your help!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 02:22 AM

I can't believe that there are no handy men in Russellville, Ky that anyone knows on this whole board...WOW

Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 AM

365 posts, read 1,010,498 times
Maybe Bowling Green would have been a better choice after all?? Don't worry, someone will come around eventually to respond to your inquiry. It took a couple of days for me to get a response on the kentucky forum. Maybe that has something to do with that slower pace of life you're looking for
I have to say it does amaze me that you or anyone else can move to a state/city without ever having been there to check it out! I'd be too scared to do that! Best of luck to you.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTiltedKilt View Post
I can't believe that there are no handy men in Russellville, Ky that anyone knows on this whole board...WOW
Ask around when you get there who some of the Mennonite carpenters and woodworkers are and how to reach them. I think some of them are named Yoder but I have no idea about how to contact them. The locals will know. Some don't have phones and then again some do. They are excellent at any sort of remodeling and their work is exceptional. Many Mennonite famlies live in that area.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 AM

Dixiegirl7~
Thanks for the tip on Mennonites. I have heard from a friend in Cadiz that they do really good work, he had a family member that had them put in a new wood floor and he said that it was great. That is a wonderful idea...will do. Think I have decided on the Russellville house, it is a historic one, beautiful with a metal roof, hard wood floors, even a gazebo in the back yard with a deck. The Paris house will be my backup, if for some reason the other doesn't pass a home inspection. Thanks for your opinions, I read your posts here, and you have so much good knowledge to pass on!!!! I appreciate you sharing.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
You are so welcome Irish. Glad to help you out with whatever I can. Your house sounds so charming. Good luck with the move. You will love it here. Russellville is a beautiful little town and very historic. IMO, it is one of the prettiest towns in this area. The people are also nice, but some may seem a little eccentric. It's a southern thing and you will adapt to it...lol. Visit us in Bowling Green when you can.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,239 times
There are good contractors and really bad contractors in Rville. I do Home Inspections in Bowling Green and handle the majority of the inspections in the Rville area. You for sure want to get the home inspected in that area and at that point I'd be glad to point you in the direction of what ever issues need to be addressed.
Let me know if you need more information. Welcome to KY.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
kyeta, I have Irish on my facebook and she has found a house I think in Montana now. Her last post here was a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky