Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2007, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,814 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm getting a divorce..so I'm moving to either Madison Co. or Rockcastle Co. I'm thinking of Brodhead and wonder if anyone knows of any cheap places for rent..or that will be coming up for rent soon...please let me know. I also need a job...that first, actually. I only have a GED so...I have no idea where I could work. I have been a housewife and then a sahm for 7 years. I'm really outta the loop. Any help would be appreciated. I would also consider Mt. Vernon, Berea, south Richmond, Crab Orchard or Stanford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 01:55 PM

295 posts, read 974,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnielenny View Post
Well, I'm getting a divorce..so I'm moving to either Madison Co. or Rockcastle Co. I'm thinking of Brodhead and wonder if anyone knows of any cheap places for rent..or that will be coming up for rent soon...please let me know. I also need a job...that first, actually. I only have a GED so...I have no idea where I could work. I have been a housewife and then a sahm for 7 years. I'm really outta the loop. Any help would be appreciated. I would also consider Mt. Vernon, Berea, south Richmond, Crab Orchard or Stanford.
How about London, Ky? Now I live in Ohio but I have heard that things are really hopping in London. They have all kinds of new restuarants opening up, that is if you can do that kind of work. Personally, I couldn't do it, lol.

Do a search for the Corbin, Ky newspaper, I think it is call Tribune. You could get some info there.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:46 AM

190 posts, read 812,240 times
Default Rockcastle...or Madison

Hi Minnielenny! I'm familiar with the areas you spoke of. Mt. Vernon and Brodhead are good areas for retired people, or persons that do not have to work. There is not alot of industry in that area. However, Mt. Vernon is located right on I-75, which makes for a quick commute to Berea or Richmond, where there seems to be plenty of work. If I were you, I'd drive around all the areas, and see which fits your needs. Richmond is actually booming right now, with lots of new businesses coming in. However, it is starting to lose that small-town feel because of this. Berea is a small town, with several good-sized factories that provide much of the employment for all the surrounding counties. It DOES have the small-town feel, and would be perfect for a family. Mt. Vernon and Brodhead are rural areas, without much of a "town" at all, but excellent if you want land/farms, or room to roam. Hope this helps, and pm me if you have any questions!

All the best, ~joanna~

Old 05-29-2011, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,589 times
I have lived in Mount Vernon for three years and I want to get out as soon as possible. Brodhead is not very good for a family due to drugs and such. I would say Berea or Somerset would really be the best choice.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:39 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
I agree, Berea would be a good place for you and your kids. Also, check out Berea College's New Opportunity School for Women. It offers a three-week on campus session each year, for women just like you (if you're over 30, that is...), to help open doors educationally and professionally. It's really on target!

Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 PM

101 posts, read 285,640 times
What about like around Scaffold Cane and Windchime Lane.. near Mount Vernon? Is it any good? Looks nice and rural.. I hope =)
Big Sandy Road is near there too. We're going to look at a house there. Hope it's a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky