Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 AM

3 posts, read 13,168 times

Advertisements

The better half and I have decided to get out of the house and head towards the tri-cities with the kids (4 and 7). Usual trips include the mall, a few play parks, etc. It's a bit rainy today so we need something a little more inventive. Does anyone have any ideas? We'd greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,

Coal Digger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM

7,542 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Since they're small, how about the Hands On! Museum, the Natural History Museum/Gray Fossil Site, or maybe Fun Expedition (across from Pet Dairy / Johnson City Honda on N Roan)

Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 AM

Sounds like a plan to us! Can't believe I forgot about those places. Thanks for the help!!!

Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 AM

149 posts, read 411,911 times
Fun Expedition is a money pit. I went there a few days ago and half of the games didnt work (but they'd take your money)

Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM

431 posts, read 1,220,176 times
Default Amen !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBradley View Post
Fun Expedition is a money pit. I went there a few days ago and half of the games didnt work (but they'd take your money)

BIG money pit.

First of all (getting on soap box...) adults have to pay even if they are not going to play so it's expensive for the four of us. Then their prices are hard for me to understand and I am 30 years old, so not senile. Crazy-maybe. My husband can't even seem to understand the way they do their prices.

Second, when we went 1/2 the games didn't work right and/or our card wouldn't work right. I thought it might just be a "bad night" so I was suprised that it was the same way when I *had* to go back to take my older child to a birthday party. ( I had already vowed that we would never go back...sigh).

First thing we tried was the photo machine and it took our money. Got a manager and he basically rolled his eyes and said "it does that all the time" and he put credits back on our card. He rebooted the machine and said "give it a few minutes". We came back 30 minutes later ( my kiddo really wanted a picture of the 2 of us together). It took our picture and printed it. As we went to reach for it the picture mysteriously sucked back up into the machine like it was hung in the printer ??? We waited and waited but nothing happened. After that, we just left because almost every game we tried wasn't working. It was awful.

I really miss Fun Adventure. Pay one price and the kids could play all day long.

(stepping off soapbox.....)

Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Default Good then we've never went

We've been by there, even stopped one time and checked it out before taking the kids. It looked really nice, but looks can be very decieving considering what you have experienced. I'm glad we never got the kids there, sounds like it would have been a nightmare! Thanks for the heads up!

Coaldigger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol