Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM

306 posts, read 355,248 times

Advertisements

Hi Everybody!

I visit my parents in Elizabethton 2 or 3 times a year. I'll camp out on their couch when I travel alone but when I go with a friend we used to stay at the Travelers Inn just a few blocks away.

I say "used to" because I will never stay at that rat-hole again. Each visit has just gotten worse and worse and this last time was the final straw. You can read the review on TripAdvisor.com if you're interested in the details.

My next trip will probably be in March for my Dad's birthday and I need to find a place to stay. I've given up on Elizabethton so I'm looking to stay somewhere in Johnson City. I'm looking for reccommendations for a clean, safe, well maintained place to lay my head. I'm not expecting a 5 star luxury experience. Just the basics as I will spend most of my time visiting family and spoiling my neices!

Help!

BTW, I'm not hating on Elizabethton. I have some sincere affection for this little town. I love wandering through the antique shops with my mom looking for colored glass. I love walking down by the Doe River. I love feeding the geese / ducks down by the covered bridge and having lunch at the Bonnie Kate. The view from my mom and dad's patio is spectacular at sunset. I really look forward to my trips there but the accomodations are awful.

Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Hmmmm...the closest one I can think of is the Comfort Inn on 321 next to the I-26 ramps. Haven't heard anything bad about that one so it might be good?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:48 AM

852 posts, read 3,815,049 times
I've stayed at the Jameson Inn off the interstate at Boones Creek to visit my family, and it's a good value if you can find a special.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM

16 posts, read 31,669 times
My wife and I use Hotwire.com. Jameson Inn (which Livinglikeagrad mentioned) is on there usually for under 40 bucks a night. At the time we went it was 36 a night, very clean and safe. And walking distance to Cracker Barrel for a quick breakfast or dinner.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,626,313 times
The newest hotel in JC is the Courtyard Marriott. Expect to pay around $100 a night, but the place looks nice and is in a great area.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 AM

284 posts, read 759,367 times
Plenty of good choices in JC, as mentioned. Isn't there another chain near the drive-inn? (Or is that the Traveller's? I know the one near old Bemberg looks pretty run-down, whatever that is.)

deleted

Last edited by Beretta; 01-02-2010 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM

178 posts, read 444,538 times
I might be way late on this one, but the Comfort Inn on South Roan should still be nice ( I think that might be the one mbmouse was referring to). I was there not long after they opened and it was really clean. It's at the corner of S Roan and University Parkway, so it's right there on the 'expressway' from JC to Elizabethton.

Up on the way to the drive in is an Americourt, which used to be a Comfort Inn. I have no idea what there rooms are like, but it looks a lot more up to date than the other hotels in town.
Comfort Inn Elizabethton - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol