Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:38 PM

424 posts, read 1,293,381 times

Advertisements

Is there a medium to smaller place that has live bands in Gatlinburg?

I cannot find one place bands play there by searching online. Not looking for dinner theater or musical theater, just a regular live band original or cover band at a club/bar.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,291,381 times
Don't know of any in Gatlinburg, but there are piles of them in Knoxville.

I find it odd that you are willing to drive to Gatlinburg to see a cover band, but think that Side Splitters is too far from downtown to go see comedy.

To each his own I guess.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 AM

Well, it is because you do not understand my motive for asking. It is not so I can see some cover band. It is for a totally different purpose all together. I am looking to book something in Gatlinburg at a venue that has a stage and a sound system. The best way to determine which places do is to find out where bands play in that area. It seems however that Gatlinburg has like three bars.....

Also, I think Sidesplitters is too far from Knoxville for College students, which is who I am targeting for the shows I want to put on.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 AM

623 posts, read 1,542,099 times
Realizing it's a drive from Cosby, I'd just hit up some spots in downtown Knoxville if you're targeting college students. Any bars in G'burg will be frequented by locals and tourists, not at all college students.

Sidesplitters is not too far out for college students. It's actually in Knoxville off Cedar Bluff Rd, an area with tons of college students living in apartments. UT's a strong commuter college, with lots of students living off campus. Not sure though if many college students go to Sidesplitters. When I was at UT it was never an option that I heard about, when it was called Comedy House or something.

Good luck to you. I think you could certainly do something opening for bands or doing your act between sets.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 PM

374 posts, read 945,224 times
Default Years ago

the Holiday Inn on Airport Rd had live music in their lounge, also at Ober Gatlinburg. You might want to check with any hotel/restaurant that has a lounge. And, I'm surprised you could even find three bars there...

VolDude is right. Gatlinburg does not attract college kids for an audience.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,268 times
Default In Pigeon Forge

there are several restaurants in the area that have bands on different nights, some are country, some are gospel and some are bluegrass. You can also go to Mama's Kareoke in Seymour on Chapman Highway, she has band contest and singing contest all the time, its going to be featured possibly on an upcoming Oprah show in Nov.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 PM

Yeah, didn't expect gatlinburg to have a college crowd.

Was thinking a regular comedy show in gatlinburg would draw a decent crowd. However, if not many venues feature live bands/comedy besides the ones that have been there forever it might prove difficult to draw a crowd. Too many entertainment options is hard to compete with!

Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
I don't know. People are looking for something to do in the evenings. I used to be on TripAdvisor a lot. There is a group of hardcore Gatlinburg vacationers there that seem to always be looking for clubs and things like that. People that are 30 and up. Couples. They might fit your demographic?

I would suggest going to that website. Get on the Gatilinburg forum and start a thread asking how many people would love to see a comedian while on vacation. I think you might be surprised at your response. I haven't been on there in quite awhile, but I was a regular for a very long time.

I love comedy. I went SideSplitters a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I'm 47. People of all ages love to laugh.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,388,019 times
Locals in Gatlinburg, like the Smoky Mtn Brewery, and usually have live bands, and the petzas are great also.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
I know this thread was from 2009, but what about live rock bands now? I called the Smoky Mtn Brewery and on the weekend they have a top 40 band. Any others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville