Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,303,508 times

Advertisements

My previous thread was deleted because you can't complain.

I'm not really complaining, OK? I would like to hear what others are using for their cable TV and what they like about it. I'm considering changing from Comcast, but not sure what else is out there that might be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 05:40 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,968,931 times
To anyone wishing to contribute to this thread, please remember that consumer complaints are absolutely not allowed, per the Terms of Service. If you have recommendations for the OP, please make them without complaining about Comcast (or any other company).

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM

621 posts, read 1,615,646 times
Check out AT&T U-verse..it may be availabe in your area. I looked into it, but they don't have NFL network.. it's for the wife

Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 PM

97 posts, read 376,779 times
We have AT & T DSL because we can't get Comcast, nor U-verse. AT & T u-verse is the best option if you can get it.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:34 AM

592 posts, read 2,135,297 times
We were very happy with our DirecTv fo tv and ATT DSL fo high speed while we were in Knoxville.

Haven't given business to any cable company for over 10 years and couldn't be happier.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 AM

597 posts, read 2,109,069 times
Even though I'm in Nashville, my dilemma was that after signing up for U-Verse, which I liked, it was determined that I was too far from the source. It's a long story, but I had to cancel that service as it affected my tv, phone and internet.

Couldn't decide quite what to do, so doing without (for three weeks) made me understand I really didn't need all those channels. I'm not much of a TV person anyway, so I bought a cheap antenna and pick up 12 channels. My local channels have higher quality HD than I ever had with one of companies wanting all my money. I stream other content from my computer so I have really all I need. I am very close to the major towers in Nashville, so I get by with the $15 antenna, but there are many (and better) of them out there. If you just need time to decide what to do, that might be a route to take. Personally, I'm pretty happy about my one-time $15 antenna purchase. I know that won't work for everybody, but in case it's something that might fit, look into it. I ditched the land line altogether for the cell phone and am happy with the att dsl.

I'm good for the time being.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:45 PM

4 posts, read 8,974 times
Currently im getting 22mb high-speed, which is reaching 30mb constantly and standard cable(80 channels or so) for $29.99. I dont think i'll be happier with anything else, or anyone can beat that.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 AM

16 posts, read 50,794 times
I'm a U-verse customer, and I would highly recommend their service. Lots of channels, good price, friendly customer service. My package does have NFL Network, by the way. Watching it as we speak.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:44 PM

592 posts, read 2,135,297 times
Just a question for those with UVERSE internet service...do you have a lot of trouble with connectivity issues?

We got it when we moved here to KC, and I've had a lot of trouble with it intermittently dropping out. Had the same deal with DSL in Knoxville.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:14 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I have Comcast cable and it never drops the connection. I did tech support for years. Even for AT&T. Best internet connection is with cable. Not cheap but excellent speed and connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville