Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 AM

283 posts, read 900,341 times

Advertisements

We went to Savelli's on Sutherland Ave for lunch this week. Not impressed. Little place with weird curtains hanging between tables. Could hear everything the staff was chatting about in the back, and someone had a little kid back there, too. Joe ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and said it wasn't particularly good. got a single small piece of garlic bread with it, that was on the plate and soaked in sauce. I got an Italian sub. The bread was over toasted, and actually burnt along one edge. Very expensive for a disappointing meal, won't go there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM

14 posts, read 28,610 times
My wife and I went to Puleo's at Deane Hill last night. The food is always consistently very good. We had fried green tomatoes to start and they were excellent. My wife actually really likes the grits and the cole slaw, two items that she never, ever orders. It's one of our go-to spots!

Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
We had not gone to PF Chang's in forever. Husband had made reservations for us to go on Valentine's Day so off we went last night. Everything was perfect; kudos to the entire staff We thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,286 times
PF Changs is on our list of places to go. We've never been.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Today for lunch we went to Surin of Thailand in Bearden. It was really good! The atmosphere was nice and the portions were big. I really liked it and we plan to go again.

Here's the website...

Surin of Thailand: Knoxville - Authentic Thai, Sushi and Martini Bar

The website has a coupon to buy one entree get one free. We used it today. It's good for both lunch and dinner.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
We went to Bravo last night, outstanding as usual. My husband got the filet and shrimp which he said was filet excellent with the grilled shrimp outstanding. My son got the filet and was very pleased and I got the fra diavolo campanelle which is always stellar. We got the roma flatbread appetizer and it was not disappointing! The waiter was sub optimal but we overlooked. Interestingly they sat us at the very same table as last time.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Last night we ate at Cancun's at Cedar Bluff and N Peters Rd. This was standard Mexican fare. The prices were good and the portions were quite big. It was very tasty and we enjoyed it a lot. The service was about the best we've experienced in a while. I highly recommend.

https://plus.google.com/114432259991...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Before we went to the Auto Show this morning we had breakfast at Pete's on Union Ave downtown. It was great! The food was very delicious and the service was friendly and quick. It's very popular and a wait to be seated was well worth it!

Pete's Coffee Shop - Restaurant

Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 AM

345 posts, read 922,202 times
We went to Calhoun's on the River on Friday night with another couple.

I was craving a steak, so I went for the Ale steak. Hubby got the Combo.

My steak was perfectly cooked and was delicious! I ordered it rare; I usally order it medium rare, but I wanted to try a rare one for a change...and I was not disapointed! It was amazing! I ordered a loaded baked potato and the cole slaw as my sides; I don't know why but I love their coleslaw! LOL! I wish they had the beer cheese like they do at the Brewery...if so, I would have ordered the broccoli and beer cheese!

Hubby said the ribs were good; meaty and cooked well. However, he didn't care for the chicken and said the pulled pork was ok but it was kind of dry. He did get a salad with his meal that he said was wonderful; it was fresh and the blue cheese dressing was tasty.

All in all, the meal was good...no complaints. The server, as usual, was awesome! She made our night, she was fun, not overly attentive, and was a pleasure to talk to.

We'll go back for sure; we actually had only been to this location once but that was for a tailgate function and we sat outside and ate on the deck.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Went with some family last night to Mimi's Cafe in Turkey Creek. It was good, our second time there. It has a lot of interesting dishes that you may not find anywhere else. The bread they bring out is simply the best. It was delicious and we had to ask for seconds. Nice atmosphere as well.

MIMI'S CAFE | HOME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville