Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 01:56 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times

Advertisements

The Irish band was at the hot-air balloon festival. Zorba the Greek was at Greekfest.

I think we ate enough food for everyone on the forum!!!!

That house thing was odd. We were just driving by. There was this guy on the front lawn and he had a real estate t-shirt on and was washing a space heater that looked like it was circa 1967. He looked like the maintenance guy or something.

He asked me if I was a realtor! When I asked him if this was the house that was going for $99,000 he said yes, but he was about to raise the price. My husband asked if I wanted to go in and look at it and I said, "No way!" and we turned around and left.

I highly recommend Greekfest to everyone. It is not to be missed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 AM

125 posts, read 414,348 times
Greekfast was pretty cool this year as always.

My only complaint was that they ran out of individual Baklava early Saturday afternoon; apparently hiknapster ate it. ;-)

Fortunately they had some included boxes of assorted pastries so we didn't go away empty handed.

FYI, Knoxville home sales prices are not dropping but continuing to increase. According to the latest sales data, August 2007, there was a 6.6% increase in prices compared to the same time period in 2006.

New home sales are dragging right now and some builders are suffering but the resale market, which has always been the bulk of our sales, are doing OK.

Monthly, quarterly, and yearly Knoxville area Realtor's sales data is available and updated monthly here (http://www.kaarmls.com/homesalesreport.htm - broken link).

Old 09-30-2007, 09:17 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile Sounds like EVERYONE had fun, fun, fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The Irish band was at the hot-air balloon festival. Zorba the Greek was at Greekfest.

I think we ate enough food for everyone on the forum!!!!

That house thing was odd. We were just driving by. There was this guy on the front lawn and he had a real estate t-shirt on and was washing a space heater that looked like it was circa 1967. He looked like the maintenance guy or something.

He asked me if I was a realtor! When I asked him if this was the house that was going for $99,000 he said yes, but he was about to raise the price. My husband asked if I wanted to go in and look at it and I said, "No way!" and we turned around and left.

I highly recommend Greekfest to everyone. It is not to be missed!
Boy, with every new post I sure wish we could have made the drive up to Knoxville this weekend. The Greekfest sounds so terrific! Baklava! Ummmm.

I didn't make any connection until JMT just brought it up: what was an Irish band doing at a Greek celebration? It is just a funny concept. I assume there were also Greek bands and folk dancing? Would have loved that. (I like Irish bands too!)

Do you suppose that the realtor at the house told you he was "about to raise the price" was a ruse to entice you into looking immediately and making an offer before he did raise it? Maybe he has no intention of raising at all, but may be on the verge of lowering. Hmmmm.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
There was NO Irish Band at the Greekfest.

Repeat....

No Irish Band at the Greekfest.

No JimLee, I did not eat all the Baklava. However, I think my husband may have ate all the flaming cheese. I don't know what he like better...the eating it or then watching them make it and yelling "Opa!"

I found out that guy isn't the realtor. He is definitely the owner, but I think he works for them.

Believe me, I know what houses cost. I am well on my way to visiting 100 homes, which is my plan, before I ever even look for a buyer's agent.

In fact, I looked at two during my lunch break today.

And yes, I have finally picked where I want to live.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:08 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

And yes, I have finally picked where I want to live.
Don't keep us in suspense! Where is it that you want to live??

Old 09-30-2007, 02:03 PM

Cool Come on, hiknapster. We wanna know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Don't keep us in suspense! Where is it that you want to live??
Yeah, hiknapster, let us in on your place to live. We all have our favorites and we know that you have been pondering yours for awhile. It is time to reveal your pick!

I'm glad that you are really getting active with the hunt and are not in a hurry to make the ultimate decision. Good plan - very wise.

Last edited by gemkeeper; 09-30-2007 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: left out a word...again.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:05 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,171 times
where are the pictures? where's the video? I need some visuals!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:12 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
where are the pictures? where's the video? I need some visuals!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post

(How do you do that!!!! You are too clever, SmokyMtnGal. That is so much fun!)

Someone must have some photos from Greekfest unless you were all too busy eating.

Did all of you see TriDad's video and slides of the County Fair in Hamilton County? Please check it out on the TN site and we'll send him - free of charge, of course - to Greekfest next year. It is a beautiful post.

Last edited by gemkeeper; 09-30-2007 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: missed the location.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Do it again, SMG. I messed up by posting!

SmokyMtnGal, post your animated signs again so everyone can see them.

Doggone, I should have thought of that before I posted and showed up as last poster.

Greekfest lovers would get a kick out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville