Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 11,389 times

Advertisements

Most of my outdoor Hobbies will generally take me away from the city. I do intend to do a lot of hiking with my dog the accessibility of the Smokies is one of the reasons I choose Knoxville. And I love art galleries, but I also don't mind driving into the city or shopping or malls. Really access to a good grocery store in a reasonable distance is my only requirement near where I live. I am very disinclined to rent. I do not want to move again for a good 5 - 10 years. I have one agent I am working with though I am not sure how "good" she is as I won't meet her in person until this weekend. If you could message me the information that would be great.

My preference is to be able to get into the city in a reasonable amount of time (30 or so minutes not counting traffic) be in a safe neighborhood, that is a little more suburban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
Once you find a house that you like, my advice is to talk to the neighbors. Having someone looking out for you is the best protection. Well actually, working from home is the very best protection. Will the dogs be at home when you travel?

There is little to fear for violent crime in South Knoxville. You will read about incidents but they always involve people who know each other and are up to no good. Most of the residents are good, hard working people. You are right, it is the best place to find cute older houses in a woodsy suburban setting close to downtown. Well that or parts of Fountain City or North Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville