Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:45 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times

Advertisements

Completely selfish post here but I am sure that others will agree with me.

One of my girlfriends lives and works in Rochester MN. She has a grocery store there that allows you to order your groceries online and then go to a drive through where you pay for them from the comfort of your car while people load them into your trunk! You even have the option of having a debit or charge card on file and they are charged for you without having to get your card out of your wallet. You can even order produce and in what quantity! You can order pounds of meats and cheeses from the deli! If you have coupons they will take them off your order while you sit in your car! This is an extra $2 fee to use this service instead of going in the store! Yes, $2 only! If you want them delivered to your house they charge $5 (they don't have a hugely wide delivery area because there are so many stores around; they have a denser population). OMGosh, for busy people and moms of little ones this is a great service! I can't remember which store she shops at but I think it is part of the Cub chain.

I would love to be able to order items like this! Are you listening Food City?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 10:10 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,327,628 times
That does sound great. However from my speculative point of view I would not want someone picking out my roasts or other meats. My thought would be they would put all the about to go out of date junk in my trunk and I wouldn't even know it until after I paid for it and was at home. hhahahahaha
I hate grocery shopping and this sure would cut down on the impulse buying that I am so bad about! I can see pro's and con's for it.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:28 AM

I agree with you that picking out my own meats, etc. This is a regular store and she does most of her shopping "the old fashioned way" but loves the convenience of this service for in between major trips.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:57 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,664,860 times
You can get deliveries here from Schwans.
SCHWAN'S®: Time Saving Food, Online Grocery Shopping & Home Delivery Service
They do frozen stuff. Quality is very good. My sister in Pennsylvania gets a lot of stuff from them.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,286,964 times
How about Trader Joe's ? Lots of fun to shop there (singing groups and samples and all) & interesting foods that no one else has.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-04-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
How about Trader Joe's ? Lots of fun to shop there (singing groups and samples and all) & interesting foods that no one else has.
Love Trader Joe's but there isn't one here in Knoxville (just like The Cheesecake Factory )

Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,286,964 times
nooo, I know . And, I should not be so presumptuous to suggest new stores to move in before I even get to a place......

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-04-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
nooo, I know . And, I should not be so presumptuous to suggest new stores to move in before I even get to a place......
LOL. When are you coming for a look see? You can check out the grocery stores that we do have.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,360 times
Default Order

They have a grocery chain in FL that you can order, they shop it and deliver it. They also have a service in the town I'm from where this delivery place for a charge will pick up food from several restaurants like Outback, Chilis and others and bring it to you, my daughter said it only cost $5 for delivery. I would love that

Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,664,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
They also have a service in the town I'm from where this delivery place for a charge will pick up food from several restaurants like Outback, Chilis and others and bring it to you, my daughter said it only cost $5 for delivery. I would love that
We have that here. Takeout Taxi.
TakeoutTaxi.com
I get menus, advertising from them a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville