Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 6,192 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

Wife and I are thinking about moving to Knoxville. Just wondering about the boating activities around Knoxville. We have a cruiser type of boat that is a little to big to trailer, so we keep it in the water at a local marina. Is anything like that available around the Knoxville area? What size boat would be to big in the Knoxville area, if any? I also would like to live very close to the marina, so what area would be the best for that? From what I've read, I think we are going to take a close look at west Knoxville, TV, and Farrigut. Will any of these areas work with convenient boating?

We also like ridding our Harley and I have an idea that ridding up there is very nice!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,653 times
Hey Bigdaddy, yes we are blessed to have several great marinas, and starting in Knoxville, the Concord Marina, will accomadate any size vessell or yaht you desire, and then right down the road is Choto Marina, and then the Marina located at the Lenior city dam, and all have any size slips you like. The slips rent anywhere from the 300 range and up, pending the size of your boat. Only one big condition to comming here, you have to join the Big Orange Vol Navy, and go and party at all the UT Football games. So, buy some orange, and move on up. Oh yeh, anything in west part of Knoxville, will put you within a 15 minute to 30 minute drive to these Marinas. If you want to be close, then anywhere down the Northshore area, many places are available.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,192 times
Oldmanbob, thanks for the post. As far as the big orange goes, count me in! A little history; we live in MS right now. I have no family left here and my wife is from VA, and I work out of Louisville, KY. I want to get a little closer to work and get her closer to her family. We could move to Louisville but there is two MAJOR reasons why I don't wan't to live there. 1) The Ohio river just isn't a good "Boating" river. 2) Louisville ain't in the SEC!! So I'll buy some orange and stock the frig on the boat with plenty of beer and hopefully join the Navy!!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biigdaddy View Post
Oldmanbob, thanks for the post. As far as the big orange goes, count me in! A little history; we live in MS right now. I have no family left here and my wife is from VA, and I work out of Louisville, KY. I want to get a little closer to work and get her closer to her family. We could move to Louisville but there is two MAJOR reasons why I don't wan't to live there. 1) The Ohio river just isn't a good "Boating" river. 2) Louisville ain't in the SEC!! So I'll buy some orange and stock the frig on the boat with plenty of beer and hopefully join the Navy!!
It sounds like you'll fit right in! Welcome to Knoxville and beautiful East Tennessee!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:37 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,653 times
Your welcome biigdaddy, I will expect an invite, and I will bring the Seirra Nevada and Corona!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Cruiser type boat? Well hello Biigdaddy! Just Kidding. Welcome to the forum and it sounds as if you indeed will fit right in around these parts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville