Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM

424 posts, read 1,293,959 times

Advertisements

Well, that time is here! I will be packing my car tonight and leaving early tomorrow morning to drive to Eastern TN to relocate!

I am sad to see many very close friends go, but excited to venture to one of the most beautiful places I have been in the country!

Any last words of advice for my trip or words of encouragement?

Thanks all for being so supportive during this whole process! I promise to blog about my journey including the discovery of a rental for all to read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 04:27 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Matt,

Safe journey and I too cannot believe that time has arrived.....
Welcome home!
Pam

Old 08-14-2009, 06:57 PM

730 posts, read 1,918,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbward View Post
Well, that time is here! I will be packing my car tonight and leaving early tomorrow morning to drive to Eastern TN to relocate!

I am sad to see many very close friends go, but excited to venture to one of the most beautiful places I have been in the country!

Thanks all for being so supportive during this whole process! I promise to blog about my journey including the discovery of a rental for all to read!
MY wife and I just made it to Western, TN today and will be at our new home in Seymour, TN tomorrow. Eastern, TN here we come. That makes two families arriving tomorrow.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,504 times
Just remember Matt- that road travels both ways. Luckily the trip between the two states isn't very long, so you and your family/friends will be able to see each other often. Good luck!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Safe Travels to both families and Welcome home to Tennessee!!
We'll leave the light on for ya.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM

424 posts, read 1,293,959 times
Actually, I have no relatives in NC, they are all in Ohio, so from where I was (Carolina Beach, NC) they were about 4.5 hours further away then they are now that I am in Tennessee!

I found a cabin in the mountains in Cosby. Weird thing is no trash pickup you have to take it to the dump. Anyone know how much they charge to dump it there??

I am super pumped, only took calling on two places to find what I was looking for. However, from the people around here I have talked to Cosby is a nice place but avoid Newport like the plague! I had heard that on this forum but the locals are emphatic about it. They ALL 100% that I mentioned it to said all the crime in the area is in Newport. Hopefully I am far enough from Newport to avoid that B.S. Granted, I lived in downtown Columbus, Ohio in 2001-2002 and got my front door kicked in, so I crime is nothing new to me. My personal motto is "Watch who you let know where you live..."

More interesting blogs soon.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:36 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Welcome Home!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 14,568 times
Default Come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbward View Post

You will love everything about Knoxville, I love it

Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
How did I miss this?

I hope you are doing well, Matt.

Honestly, out in the country the code is more to live and let live. Smile, don't ask any really, really nosy questions and be cool and you will be fine. They will like you if you do all of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville