Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 AM

18 posts, read 104,407 times

Advertisements

Hi!

Looking for a few recommendations for a contractor to build a deck/patio in our backyard in E. Knoxville. We have a few obstacles such a rocky terrain with a sloped yard. My husband and I are looking for someone who is licensed, ideally has civil engineer training (so things don't shift in the future), has a portfolio of previous works (with recommendations), and in general someone who will provide us options on what to do with our backyard. We do not want to go "crazy" and overprice our house, but we really do want to be able to enjoy our backyard.

Please email me with any suggestions. Your input is appreciated!!
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 AM

18 posts, read 61,501 times
Default Deck

Hey there...

Want a great company to build your deck? We decided to go with All seasons roofing and construction and they are building us a covered deck and a front porch. They are just about finished with it and we are very please. They have used quality products, and we live on unlevel land and they built us cantilever decks. Everyone that has come over here comments on they have never seen such sturdy porches. They also did our roof, are going to put our gutter on the house and the barn and put in a couple of french doors.

In the beginning, we did 3 estimates for the roof, side deck and front porch. We got 50 year dimensional shingles, top quality wood for the building and that includes metal siding to cover the roof and sides underneath the porches. The first 2 wanted between 40-50 k for the job. All seasons charged us just about half of that amount. I seriously thought that we were not getting this project done if it had not been for Allseasons. If you would like to come out and see what they did for us, email and let me know. You can also call Al Schroder. He is the carpenter for this company and does most of the bidding for the construction. Email me and I can give his number and ours if you want to look at his work. They do not have a protfolio. At first we were like, O.K. but they explained that they would rather you look at their work on site. I am glad we went with them and will reccomend them highly to all who need great, fair-priced work.

Last edited by rockenale; 08-18-2009 at 10:03 AM..

Old 08-20-2009, 11:18 AM
wwl

15 posts, read 35,105 times
Default answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorj View Post
Hi!

Looking for a few recommendations for a contractor to build a deck/patio in our backyard in E. Knoxville. We have a few obstacles such a rocky terrain with a sloped yard. My husband and I are looking for someone who is licensed, ideally has civil engineer training (so things don't shift in the future), has a portfolio of previous works (with recommendations), and in general someone who will provide us options on what to do with our backyard. We do not want to go "crazy" and overprice our house, but we really do want to be able to enjoy our backyard.

Please email me with any suggestions. Your input is appreciated!!
Thanks.
I have a good one, he does alot of work for me

Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 PM

18 posts, read 104,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockenale View Post
Hey there...

Want a great company to build your deck? We decided to go with All seasons roofing and construction and they are building us a covered deck and a front porch. They are just about finished with it and we are very please. They have used quality products, and we live on unlevel land and they built us cantilever decks. Everyone that has come over here comments on they have never seen such sturdy porches. They also did our roof, are going to put our gutter on the house and the barn and put in a couple of french doors.

In the beginning, we did 3 estimates for the roof, side deck and front porch. We got 50 year dimensional shingles, top quality wood for the building and that includes metal siding to cover the roof and sides underneath the porches. The first 2 wanted between 40-50 k for the job. All seasons charged us just about half of that amount. I seriously thought that we were not getting this project done if it had not been for Allseasons. If you would like to come out and see what they did for us, email and let me know. You can also call Al Schroder. He is the carpenter for this company and does most of the bidding for the construction. Email me and I can give his number and ours if you want to look at his work. They do not have a protfolio. At first we were like, O.K. but they explained that they would rather you look at their work on site. I am glad we went with them and will reccomend them highly to all who need great, fair-priced work.
Thanks for your input! We haven't decided our next route of action but I will keep these folks in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville