Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 PM

946 posts, read 3,269,244 times

Advertisements

What about three sub-forums? ABQ metro area. Southern NM -- everything to the south. Northern NM -- everything to the north.

I understand that this is idle discussion -- the powers-that-be have their rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 01:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,217,868 times
That sounds like a good idea, as long as 'south' and 'north' are sharply defined.
I haven't noted any particular difficulties in discussing Las Cruces, however.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:46 PM

60 posts, read 188,829 times
*peeks out*

Psst!

Are the crabby and jump-yer-butt posters gone or taking their meds now?

Yay!

My prediction: LAS CRUCES will be BIGGER than ABQ in 12 years. Poor ol' Duke City gonna be left in the dust. You heard it HERE FIRST. It will BOOM spectacularly!!! So better get that subforum NOW and avoid the rush.

God love ya.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:41 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,097,554 times
HoneysuckleHobo *peeks out* (of what, I don't know).

> Are the crabby and jump-yer-butt posters gone or taking their meds now?

I haven't seen any "jump-yer-butt" posters in the NM forums.

However, that being said, I really could use a bit of "meds" right now.
A percocet or vicadin would be perfect, but doc perscribed an anti-inflammatory.

Not even a shot of Scotch makes that medicine go down.

> prediction: LAS CRUCES will be BIGGER than ABQ in 12 years.

Any reason for that prediction? I'm not arguing. It's just that I heard it here first.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,615,217 times
I visited Cruces this weekend. Went to High Desert microbrewery and tasted the beer. It was very good. The place has decent food and prices and a cozy, casual atmosphere.

Next morning went to Andele in Mesilla for some tacos and Coronas. The tacos are brought to your table and you sort of make your own, which was the way I like it. Good salsa too.

I did enjoy my brief visit to the southern part of our state, but I was very glad to get the heck out of that weather. It is already stifling hot down there, and it is only mid-May. I don't want to try July in Cruces. Got back to Fanta Se last night, and was so happy to be back in a cooler climate.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:47 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneysuckleHobo View Post

My prediction: LAS CRUCES will be BIGGER than ABQ in 12 years.

How is Las Cruces planning on doing that? Annexing El Paso from Mexico?

Old 05-13-2008, 03:57 PM

946 posts, read 3,269,244 times
Default And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneysuckleHobo View Post
*peeks out*

My prediction: LAS CRUCES will be BIGGER than ABQ in 12 years. Poor ol' Duke City gonna be left in the dust. You heard it HERE FIRST. It will BOOM spectacularly!!! .
Bigger than ABQ? And what exactly will be good about that? Higher prices for LC? Higher taxes??? More traffic congestion? More air pollution? More trophy homes? Less water per person??

Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,733,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
Bigger than ABQ? And what exactly will be good about that? Higher prices for LC? Higher taxes??? More traffic congestion? More air pollution? More trophy homes? Less water per person??
The only good I could see coming from that is that LC may get its own forum?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:18 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,168,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
What about three sub-forums? ABQ metro area. Southern NM -- everything to the south. Northern NM -- everything to the north.

I understand that this is idle discussion -- the powers-that-be have their rules.
I disagree. Three sub-forums:

Albuquerque
Las Cruces
Santa Fe

Two or three? No big difference but the three gives each city a lot more identity on CD.

If we can't unite this initiative will fail. You need to pick a side.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:55 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,630,634 times
Hmmn. If the NM forum had three city subforums, it would look like it was a much larger, more important state.

That alone should be enough reason to add two more city subforums.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces