Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 AM

38 posts, read 178,568 times

Advertisements

Can anyone from Las Cruces tell me if there are many stores and businesses along Telshor from the university to the mall? I tried to find photos online of Telshor but couldn't really find too many. What I did find makes Telshor look like a barren waste land. There's the university on one end and on the other end is the Mesilla Mall and in between from the few photos I saw looks like there is nothing but empty lots and land with sand and cactus? I was thinking of moving to Las Cruces somewhere along Telshor. There are some apartment building along Telshor and a decent running bus (I don't drive) but I was hoping there is more to Telshor than just the university on one end and the mall on the other end? Is it pretty barren in between or are there stores, resturants and things to see and do along Telshor aside from the university and the mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Telshor is pretty much fully developed between University Avenue and Lohman (and beyond), so I don't know about many empty lots with sand and cactus. Telshor runs through a primarily residential area, without much retail until you get closer to the mall. There is some retail at the intersection of Missouri and Telshor, about halfway between University and Lohman.

You can go to an online map site, and get a satellite or birds-eye view to get a closer look.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:16 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Domino is correct. You have Memorial Hospital, followed by residential streets that cross Telshor, up until just before Missouri Ave, when a small strip mall appears on the west side of Telshor. After Missouri Ave, going north, Telshor is either retail establishments, office buildings, or apartment complexes.

At the end of Telshor, on University, there is a transformation underway. This area, which was previously vacant, will soon be inhabited by more retail and office complexes.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:41 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

At the end of Telshor, on University, there is a transformation underway. This area, which was previously vacant, will soon be inhabited by more retail and office complexes.
What corner on that intersection Mike? Isn't NMSU golf course still on the southside of the intersection.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
What corner on that intersection Mike? Isn't NMSU golf course still on the southside of the intersection.
Right across the street 6-3. Big doings going on, on the north side of the intersection. The new Fina/Santa Fe Grill location is just the beginning. Don Roser Rd is being extended down to Las Alturas. This place has really undergone some changes even in the last 2 years.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:30 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Isn't that where the Hilton Garden Inn, and a new Citizen's Bank branch is going in?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,700,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Isn't that where the Hilton Garden Inn, and a new Citizen's Bank branch is going in?
yep.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Right across the street 6-3. Big doings going on, on the north side of the intersection. The new Fina/Santa Fe Grill location is just the beginning. Don Roser Rd is being extended down to Las Alturas. This place has really undergone some changes even in the last 2 years.
Mike or other las cruceans.....So what about where University turns into Dripping Springs road and winds toward the mountain as does it look like they'll build out that way? I thought that's where the new high school is going to be built.

6/3

Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Mike or other las cruceans.....So what about where University turns into Dripping Springs road and winds toward the mountain as does it look like they'll build out that way? I thought that's where the new high school is going to be built.

6/3
Yes, the new high school will be out that way.

It is also possible that the new Veterans' Museum will be built adjacent to Farm & Ranch, though a site near Highland Elementary School, on the North side of Bataan Memorial, is also in the running.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
bfire52 worried:

> What I did find makes Telshor look like a barren waste land.

You can go on to Live Search Maps
or Google Maps and see where the buildings are
via Aerial or Satellite views. Google offers street views,
but only along I-25 and not Telshor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces