Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 6,358 times

Advertisements

Heading to live in LV from NJ want to rent in an area where majority young people with alot of activities and nightlife around to do. im a 23 year old male so not looking to raise a family right now. Ive heard the south strip and downtown are places with alot of young people but im also not trying to live in a rundown part of town. just a nice place to enjoy my youth, go out, and meet new people. anyone with any help thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
nope.

Young people live where ever they want to

Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM

968 posts, read 2,061,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin14sanchez View Post
Heading to live in LV from NJ want to rent in an area where majority young people with alot of activities and nightlife around to do. im a 23 year old male so not looking to raise a family right now. Ive heard the south strip and downtown are places with alot of young people but im also not trying to live in a rundown part of town. just a nice place to enjoy my youth, go out, and meet new people. anyone with any help thanks.

I notice a lot of young people who live in Meridian, which is two blocks from the center of the Strip.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:44 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,878,943 times
Since there is no epicenter of the youth scene you won't really find a neighborhood where they all gravitate much like you'd find in almost any other city of LV's size. Most just live wherever and then hike out to the nightlife, which is usually on the Strip. There are some few younger people I know living South Strip, but they say its not that overwhelmingly young, there are many people in their 30s and 40s too around. They like if for the easy Strip access, but end up spending much of their social time at Town Square's bars.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
I would think south strip/sliverado is about as good as it gets for the younger breed. Note that my children are in their 30s and 40s so kid is a relative term.

However Manhattan and Park Avenue tend to be filled with the barely matured.

Downtown is also gentrifying and going younger but that is mostly a buy market so more the 30s and older. Some older kids in the lofts...and I hear Streamline is going lease. So maybe another nice place very convenient to downtown.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Downtown is also gentrifying
I was just there yesterday (@DTC) and didn't witness much economic transformation, aside from the uber-expensive Streamline Tower which, as you're aware, may very well become short term rentals.
Even the "art district" is deteriorated and in much need of restoration.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
You may find younger crowds living closer to UNLV campus on Tropicana. That is where I would start, apt complexes in that area. And expand towards Green Valley. What type of work do you do?

Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You may find younger crowds living closer to UNLV campus on Tropicana. That is where I would start, apt complexes in that area. And expand towards Green Valley. What type of work do you do?
That is kiddyville. A different question. Young adults with real jobs generally don't care for that scene.

GV is family. You go there after you get married.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
That is kiddyville. A different question. Young adults with real jobs generally don't care for that scene.

GV is family. You go there after you get married.

Agreed. Being carefree and in college is a whole other world as compared to being the same age and holding down 1-3 jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas