Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,437 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
my friend is going to vegas with his roommate o spend the new year.
So, he's asking about the best place to spend new year's eve (fireworks and these stuff) ..

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammod View Post
Hello all,
my friend is going to vegas with his roommate o spend the new year.
So, he's asking about the best place to spend new year's eve (fireworks and these stuff) ..

Thanks,

I would need more info like how much the person wants to spend.

There are two main attractions. America's party on Fremont and "the strip"

People will say the strip but really there is nothing there but crowds.

When I say the strip I am talking about the people that just stay in the streets and don't go into the hotels.

Each hotel will have their own New Years party. The big attraction about the strip is that it's on the strip and that's where they shoot the fireworks off at.

Fremont is cool because it is more contained. Lots of live bands and revelers. They usually play late 70's and 80's music these days. It's perhaps an older crowd. By older I mean over 30. That a non-scientific observation. I have no idea what the actual demographics are.

I prefer to just chill at a hotel on the strip and book a party in advance.

I'll be off the strip at the Palms this year at a party/concert with grandmaster flash. I get the room and two tickets around 800 bucks. By the time it's all over with I'll prolly have spent close to 1500 realistically. Just to give you an idea how much it can cost.

If they don't already have a hotel they are a little behind the curve but could perhaps still get one. Lot's of people will tell you they will be all booked but that's not always 100% true.

My advice is for them to go to different hotel websites and see what they might be into for the private parties or they might want to head to Fremont.

The strip is great for a lot of people. I don't dig it because well I live here and it's just about like any other night just way more crowded. Though I love the energy.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times
If your planning on being here for New Years than you will want to check out this list of parties all over town that you can check out.

Events guide: 2010 New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas

10:19 a.m.
By Allison Duck
As Las Vegas braces for a New Year, complete with several venues opening on New Year’s Eve, plan your dining and partying to make sure that you don’t miss any of the headliners, concerts or deejays you’re dying to ring in the New Year with in town.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
if he wants to stay at a hotel on the strip, good luck....

Old 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
if he wants to stay at a hotel on the strip, good luck....
I just checked Kayak, plugged in 12/31 - 1/2, and almost every Strip hotel came up from Mandalay Bay on one end to Sahara on the other. Also went directly to a couple of hotel websites to confirm availability (Mirage, MGM, MB). So if he's willing to pay premium prices, there doesn't appear to be any problem with availability.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
some are available for tonight only but who would pay $215 for that $20 Sahara room... MB seems to be the deal at $360.. considering location and view..

Old 12-31-2010, 11:26 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
As the day goes on hotels with availability will lower the rates. Check again this afternoon/evening.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
As the day goes on hotels with availability will lower the rates. Check again this afternoon/evening.
ROFLMAO.

I've already raised the rate 3 times today....as Hotels sell out...the rate goes up....

Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
If you're going to be outside bundle up!!!! Brrrr. WE actually saw a few snow flakes yesterday in Centennial Hills!

Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I just checked Kayak, plugged in 12/31 - 1/2, and almost every Strip hotel came up from Mandalay Bay on one end to Sahara on the other. Also went directly to a couple of hotel websites to confirm availability (Mirage, MGM, MB). So if he's willing to pay premium prices, there doesn't appear to be any problem with availability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
some are available for tonight only but who would pay $215 for that $20 Sahara room... MB seems to be the deal at $360.. considering location and view..
Yeah, but that's not the rate that the hotels were going for two days ago when checked and made that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: