Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

What is snow?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 10:12 AM

113 posts, read 306,277 times
The weather is much nicer in Vegas.....as far as the rest....don't expect any block parties and take a defensive driving course before you get here....

Old 02-03-2011, 01:24 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac88 View Post
...and take a defensive driving course before you get here....
Coming from any East Coast city (north of North Carolina, anyway), you'll find the traffic in Vegas to be trivial, and the drivers of average aggression.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
just have to remember the differances tho....In Gnu Jesey the rule seems to be that "If you THINK the light may be getting ready to change you should be at least 1 block down the street when it does."

In Las Vegas the rule is "When the light changes to green, count to 3....because that's the number of cars that will run the light from the other direction."

Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 PM

22 posts, read 41,114 times
I have lived in Vegas for over 20 years. It used to be a great place to live (cheap food, light traffic, light taxes, no state tax, etc etc) I have noticed that most of the great reasons to live here have disappeared (including jobs) The school system is 49th out of 50 in the nation. I grew up in the midwest and my wife wants to move back to the east (new hampshire) so I understand the weather attraction to vegas. Honestly there are alot of transient people and the quality of people in Vegas can be questionable. There are good things about Vegas. You can shoot in the desert, plenty of gas stations, most everything is 24 hours and you dont have to drive far for really anything. My 2 cents.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
compared to the east (cleveland), food is still cheaper, traffic is about the same, taxes are much cheaper.. and there's still no state income tax

Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 11,427 times
I am currently in Central VA, originally from the DC metro area. I am planning on moving to Vegas in 3months pending job placement. Hope you Las Vegans need ICU RN's out there! -- My move is counting on it! Although not there right now, I have heard both sides of the fence - 1 person thought they would love but hate it after moving there due to....well I don't really know what - didn't ever get a straight answer from either person. Most people I've spoken to really like it there. They say you always have something to do, if you want or just to stay in and relax as any other place. I have also heard the sky at night outside of Las Vegas is amazing, which is my weak spot.

But I only go off what others have told me. I'm going to stick with the positive. When I've been to visit it's not the strip that has me hooked - it's the completely different terrain and the "dry-heat" which is so different from the Mid-Atlantic. It'll be nice for a change....who knows, you always have a 50/50 chance of loving or hating something. But if you really have nothing keeping you from making the move - then why not? If you don't, you could regret it. If you do, at least you tried & may have slightly less regret

Man-I hope you guys need nurses out there! LOL **fingers crossed**

Hope this turns out to be something you love!

Last edited by CoffeeRoll; 02-12-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 02-12-2011, 11:17 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
if you have a job lined up.. it could be a good move

if you don't... unless you want to make small money...i'd really really think twice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: