Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
Sigh ~ i dont understand why some people are so against switching a house for a condo....

there are 1 million reasons to do cleaning is just one large reason. i have had maid services come and it takes 2 people 4.5 hours to do a through cleaning. and i still clean everyday.

If i had a 1 bedroom condo it would be more like 2 hours instead of 5 to clean that is a huge difference.

but as i have mentioned in the other posts i want to move because:
1. takes too long to clean
2. too many family's in my neighborhood
3. too quiet where i live
4. too many kids riding bikes
5. tired of being too far from the action
6. can walk to places i like to go.
Where is your spouse on all this?

In general I would sell it or rent it. Life is too short to make yourself that unhappy.

I would also suggest strongly that you rent wherever you go. Get straight whether it is the place or you...

Old 03-16-2011, 02:21 PM

136 posts, read 276,936 times
Quote:
2. too many family's in my neighborhood
3. too quiet where i live
4. too many kids riding bikes
Sounds like exactly the kind of place I'm looking to rent!

I think renting it out may be a very viable option for you. You'd have to run the numbers and see where they come out. The other option is to get a few realtors in there for a market appraisal, pick one and get it on the market. See what happens.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
but i like the noise i cant stand quiet. and i want to be in the strip district. thats where i usually am so why live over 20 miles away?
You are about 10 miles from the strip as the crow flies...12 or 13 by road. Twenty five minutes....

Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 PM

508 posts, read 1,022,498 times
and the losses or how to find responsible renters or how the renting process works or what other options i might have is what i was trying to find out.

the thread got way off track and instead am getting attacked my people who think it's stupid to give up a house. i am not some family person.

it was my husband who wanted a house with a yard but he works so much i end up doing everything so i want what i want. i caved on the house issue cause i thought well why not we could have guest rooms but to be honest i very rarely have people over of if i do only for the weekend.

does anyone have any advice or imput on the losses or how to find responsible renters or how the renting process works to find people who dont tear up the house or what other options i might have?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Where is your spouse on all this?

In general I would sell it or rent it. Life is too short to make yourself that unhappy.

I would also suggest strongly that you rent wherever you go. Get straight whether it is the place or you...
but if i rent i cant gut it and do it the way i want it.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Quote:
Good lord. You're going to have to wait for all the stars in the universe to align in order to get exactly what you want. You're going to have to make some sacrifices if you truly hate what you got into- that's just life.

I'm assuming you don't have kids if you're spending 5 hours a day cleaning. It sounds like you just need something to do. Like others have mentioned, the strip and socializing is never far away virtually anywhere you live here. I would suggest calming down, looking at your finances and spending more time out of the house meeting people and having fun without cleaning. But that's just me.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Over indulge in some drop dead gorgeous place and see how it works. If you hate it to you just saved the cost of a gutting redo. If you love it all buy in that building or a similar one.

You are in town. Visit your renters every month...if they are not doing well by the place throw them out. If the place is expensive you will not have a lot of trouble if you keep to year lease minimum.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Good lord. You're going to have to wait for all the stars in the universe to align in order to get exactly what you want. You're going to have to make some sacrifices if you truly hate what you got into- that's just life.

I'm assuming you don't have kids if you're spending 5 hours a day cleaning. It sounds like you just need something to do. Like others have mentioned, the strip and socializing is never far away virtually anywhere you live here. I would suggest calming down, looking at your finances and spending more time out of the house meeting people and having fun without cleaning. But that's just me.
why would all the stars have to align to buy a condo and gut it? and as i have mentioned a 100 times yes i have kids but they dont live with me and wont. Im not some kind of person for that life.

i dont want to calm down i want someone to stop talking to me like familys are all that matter and talk to me about the financial aspects of making this happen. which is what this post was about to begin with.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Over indulge in some drop dead gorgeous place and see how it works. If you hate it to you just saved the cost of a gutting redo. If you love it all buy in that building or a similar one.

You are in town. Visit your renters every month...if they are not doing well by the place throw them out. If the place is expensive you will not have a lot of trouble if you keep to year lease minimum.
thank you that was helpful.

whats the best way to find renters though. and no im not in town all the time.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,695 times
Grofica, use a rental agency, my family uses Remax. They qualify the potential tenents, you set the rules as far as whether smoking, pets and such ar permited. They do inspections of the property, stay on top of payments and charge about 10%. So a house renting for $1000 is charged about 100 a month. Small price to pay for peace of mind. You can choose to screen for background checks and previous rental history, and even credit......or not, depending on how tight you want to keep your requirements.

Secondly, how affordable is your current mortgage payment? Can you afford to qualify for a new mortgage on a condo, EVEN IF your house is rented out? Becuase many lenders won't consider your rental income, they want to see that you qualify for both......

I understand you want to buy and not rent because you are looking for an ultra modern with a clean look, that you can personalize or make changes to. Are you dead set on it being on the strip? Or just looking to be in a dense urban area, with plenty of walking to stores and bars etc......There may be many that do not agree with me on this, but I have never felt that Vegas was "planned out well". Too much urban sprawl and not enough focus on walkability. You can check out Urban Lofts, they are probably the 'look' you are going for, but not sure you will like the neighborhood.

Urban Lofts Townhomes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas