Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,018,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
I have given up on trying to warn people about Vegas but I'll leave you with this, if you can drive here and not lose your patience you are either very tenacious and/or were a tank driver in WWII.
Obviously, you've never driven in Miami. Vegas is a JOY for driving.

Hell, Vegas isn't even on the list for "worst road-rage drivers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:52 AM

787 posts, read 1,778,506 times
Quote:
I have given up on trying to warn people about Vegas but I'll leave you with this, if you can drive here and not lose your patience you are either very tenacious and/or were a tank driver in WWII.
Are you serious? Driving in Vegas is a breeze compared to most metro areas. Coming from North Jersey / NYC especially, I find driving in Vegas to be both smooth and tame. Sure, I run into stopped traffic occassionally, but c'mon... My 40min commute (reverse commute, no less) to work in Jersey was stop-and-go throughout more than half of it, AND the drivers were far more aggressive. Plus the roads sucked. And this is true of much of the Northeast, not just the NYC area.

As I've noted before, if you find driving in Vegas to be a problem, you have no perspective.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:19 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,956,066 times
Traffic in Vegas is NOTHING. Not only does it move smoothly, but the roads are amazingly smooth.

Go across the Oakland Bay Bridge at rush hour and then trying complaining about Vegas. Some people simply don't realize how good they have it here. Why does everybody have such a compulsion to complain?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,157,939 times
Im with you Log......YES the freeway does get clogged....and there is a REALLLY simple solution.

Don't drive on it.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:46 PM

2,723 posts, read 4,768,957 times
Who said anything about traffic? I was referring to the idiotic drivers...

BTW, I already mentioned in a previous thread how there was no traffic to speak of these days because nobody is commuting to work anymore. That statement got shouted down too by the usual suspect. Somebody's full of it.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 PM

399 posts, read 695,196 times
I purchased a home in April as a 2nd home for a steal (my mortage payment is under $450/mo for a nice home in a nice area). I moved out here in June without a job. I was fortunate as I was laid off and had unemployment for some income. I started at a new hotel job this week. I would recommend that you do as much research as you can on your career industry and check out employment websites to see what kind and the number of opportunities are out there. I used Indeed.com and found it to be helpful. I really have not tried to make any friends yet as I was waiting for a job first. My neighbors have been friendly and people I have met in stores or restaurants have been friendly and welcoming. If your job prospects are promising I say go for it!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,018,430 times
Quote:
Who said anything about traffic? I was referring to the idiotic drivers...
Again, you've obviously never driven in Miami. Vegas drivers are PARAGONS OF VIRTUE compared to Miami.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:46 PM

787 posts, read 1,778,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Again, you've obviously never driven in Miami. Vegas drivers are PARAGONS OF VIRTUE compared to Miami.
Or NJ.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,157,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Or NJ.
when I moved to NJ to serve my sentance in the Atlantic city Penal colony....I thought I was gonna DIE....in NV the rule is "If youve EVER seet the light green, you can go thru it....even if its bright red."

In NJ....if you think that sometime n the next 10 minutes, the LIGHT might change to Green....you can go ahead and go......

You can imagine someone from NV and someone from NJ....meeting at an intersection.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas