Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times

Advertisements

There is talk of a 55 and older condo community to be built at Lake Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 09:40 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
On a different note, does anyone have a good tree trimmer? I need to get 3 bids to have some trees in our Courtyard pruned back this winter. I already have one from Valley Crest. Any other referrals? Thanks!
I've used Mauri Tree Company ever since I moved here in 2010.

Looking for a Quality Tree Service in Las Vegas - Mauri Tree Company. We offer Tree Pruning, Tree Trimming, Palm Skinning and Deep Root Fertilization. Certified Arborist Mike Cooper.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 AM

529 posts, read 1,390,139 times
@ 007, where would this condo 55 + condo be built? Phase 3/Rainbow Canyon? There isn't too much left in Phase 2... other than the lot adjacent to the marina, which is slated to be a fractional condo project called LaScala. That's a prime piece of property. I think there are actually 2 parcels of land, one for Lascala and another one as well which is currently for sale, that the white tent is sitting on. Is the tent still there?

Madman.. thanks for the tree pruner info.

I'm still watching the court docket for the golf course water rights trial. It's been quiet, but I'm told the trial is moving forward.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 AM

31 posts, read 66,049 times
Default the golf course water rights trial

The golf course water rights trial is set for July 16th - stay tuned.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM

31 posts, read 66,049 times
Lake Las Vegas Coffee Shop serves up dual-purpose concept - Perk n’ Post combines a full-service business center and a gourmet coffee shop. Traditional business services at Perk n’ Post include Fed/Ex, U.S. Postal, private mailbox rentals, computers with Internet access, photocopying, faxing, printing of brochures, signs and banners, binding and laminating.

Other not-so-traditional services are key duplication, passport photos and ticket sales for all Las Vegas Strip shows, concerts and special attractions.

The new Perk n’ Post location at 20 Via Bel Canto at Lake Las Vegas is open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

The Business Center offers full services 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and basic nonshipping services are available after-hours and on weekends.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 AM

35 posts, read 84,930 times
I see a lot of activity going on at the building located on the first right street off LLV Pkwy. This is the street that runs up to the graded lots across from the Falls clubhouse. What is this building? Is this the pump station that was a previous issue? If so, maybe it's a sign that they are prepping to start up the pumps and fill the ponds and start watering again. Can't wait to find out how the trial ends up.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM

CASALLV.. That is pump station previously at issue. I beleive they are preparing to sell and/or develop the phase II lots in that area. If you haven't done so yet, take a walk up in that area. In my opinion, those are some of the nicest lots and views in LLV. You're up above the power lines and have a total view of the strip. On the east side of that hill, you'll have views of Lake Mead.

The pump station probably doesn't have anything to do with the ponds. It has to do with supplying water to the homes in Phase II. The ponds comes from a separate area. Some of the ponds are owned by LLV Master, some by Carmel, some by other entities. That's why some are filled and some arent. There is actually a water fall up on one of the hills that comes down in to the main LLV pond/waterfall. If you look closely, you can see where water used to come down. 3 years ago, pulling into LLV and driving down the parking was beyond words/description. I look forward to the day that everything gets resolved and back to normal.

@ Dan... thanks for the Perk and Post article. Are there any updates on Reflection Bay ownership? Is it still being watered? What about the Falls?

Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM

35 posts, read 84,930 times
Yep you're right. Spoke with a friend of mine who ran the electrical feeders for that building plus the street electrical for those lots above it. I see work going on on the upper streets so they must be finishing up the infrastructure.
Kinda bummed as I thought maybe something has been worked out in the water rights issue and this was part of it.
Any more news on the trial? You seem to be up on that.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:28 PM

Nothing new on the trial. Last I heard, it was still moving forward. I thought it was to begin on 6/25, but now it's mid-July. I stilll hope they reach an agreement before trial.

ATTENTION VIERA AND LUNA OWNERS: I received an email from Aston advising that they have modified their rental contract for Viera and Luna Hotel Condos. It's now a 40/60 split. They take 60%. However, whats new is that they will not charge any other fees as Intrawest did. You would receive 40% of the revenue generated. I think this is a good deal and without all of the other nickel and dime fees as before, should bring the net numbers close to the former Intrawest 50/50 contract. Occupancy has been around 50%. If you go to their website and check their prices for your particular units, I think you'll see you can be profitable again on your hotel-condo and probably same profit similar to if you were renting full-time and not able to use your condo. Aston has been trying really hard to get owners back into their program. I think this also shows that business is returning to Lake Las Vegas. I also found hotel condo financing through Calcon Mortage in Las Vegas. They require 30% down and interest rate about 5%.

How is the front entrance looking?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM

146 posts, read 529,237 times
@LLVResident:

The most recent City Council agenda has an item related to a water services agreement between Camel and the golf courses, FYI.

You are the authority on this, so I figured to pass along the info. I hope this link works: SIRE Public Access

It is on the City's website if the above link doesn't work. Hope this helps in any way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas