Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,464 times

Advertisements

... and will our LLV Master dues go up?

Bermuda grass goes dormant late fall/early winter and comes back around March. I think when the average temperate is around 60 degrees. So roughly 9 months or so of green would be correct.

The master does a nice job of maintaining the green grass on the parkway. How beautiful will it be to have that expansive green space back!!!!

Thank you again Rebel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM

35 posts, read 84,947 times
Hey guys, thanks for updating all of us with the great inside info. My question is where are yall getting this inside info? Is this public knowledge or strictly what you hear from sources. I would really like to be getting the skinny on all things LLV. How are hearing about these meetings and whatnot? I know that LLV Resident said that Gerri Schroeder wants to hear from us but I bet 95% of homeowners in LLV have no idea about the goings on within the community so would never have anything to input on. Hell, if it wasn't for this forum and you folks getting the scoop on things I would have zero clue as to what is going on around here. The Master HOA really needs to do a better job at providing the latest info on what's up. The website is very out of date and provides little info.
Thanks to all that pitch in here.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 PM

147 posts, read 409,594 times
@Casa, there is a meeting taking place tonight @ 6 pm. It is supposed to be in the building on the northeastern tip of the north loop. North of Loews and east of Tremezzo. All LLV homeowners are welcome. I think that Casa Palermo and Bella Fiore homeowners were informed of this particular meeting.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 PM

17 posts, read 37,588 times
I have a house in Casa Palermo Cir. So I am directly affected from all these changes. I think the LLV Master should post their meeting minutes in their website. So far, all my info is from city-data which is nice, but I would like to read the official info from LLV Master.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Rebel, thanks for the info. I wasn't notified of any meeting this evening. I'm gonna try and make it.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 AM

Went to the meeting last night chaired by Cody Winterton with Raintree and LLV Master President. He provided a power point presentation that gave an overview of the current LLV situation and the proposed zoning changes. The meeting lasted 2 hours with quite a bit of information presented. He advised that there would be MANY more meetings between now and September when they present before the City. I HIGHLY advised that if you attend a meeting, please be courteous and allow the man to complete his presentation BEFORE interjecting comments or asking questions. The info is pretty thorough and your questions will probably be answered in the course of the presentation.
Raintree intends on meeting with each subassociation in the next month or so get individual concensus on the development proposal.

Here was my take away from the meeting and there may be some inaccuracies on my part but for the most part should be fairly accurate:
- The lake and the golf courses have a designed symbiotic relationship and without the courses drawing water from the lake and being turned over the lake water quality is diminishing rapidly.
- The lake needs a minimum 2500 AF of water turnover to maintain adequate quality. Opening Reflection Bay and tuning The Falls into green space will provide the necessary turnover.
- The economic numbers reflect that 3 courses are not viable. Reflection Bay can be sustaining after a few years of early losses.
- Reflection Bay and The Falls are under contract for purchase by a consortium of Hilton, Westin, Raintree and Pacific links. Deposits have been made and will be hard in a few weeks after the early meetings with the community to guage interest in the proposals. If the interest is not positive they may not proceed.
- Reflection Bay will reopen and be run by Pacific Links. The driving range to be cut down from 14 acres to 6 acres. The clubhouse to partially open to begin with.
- The Falls course to be eliminated. The holes to the east of the parkway to developed except for the hole at the east side of the golf cart bridge at the entrance since it very viewable from the intersection.
- The hole directly adjacent to east side of Casa Palermo will be developed with housing between Casa Palermo and Hole #18. This will be the most impactful of zoning changes to current owners as there will no longer be green open space behind their property except for a small buffer zone around the existing cart path. Raintree understands thyis and is willing to discuss potential options which I intend on persuing as this directly affects me.
- Housing will be developed along the west side of pkwy east of Bella Fiore and Villa Palermo North. This housing will not be directly adjacent to existing housing but will be across a green open space.
- All other areas of The Falls Course llower nine will be maintained as green open space either year round where it is viewable from the parkway or seasonal. Seasonal means it will be green during bermuda grass season and will be allowed to go dormant during the winter.
- The green spaces will be kept private with additional security patrols to maintain the privacy.
- Additional landscasping crews will be hired to maintain the green scapes.
- The Falls club house may become a private fitness facility, a winery, a restaurant or ? A swimming pool may be built.
- If approved, green space construction and Reflection Bay reconsytruction could start as early as Spring 2014.

Like I said, lots of info to absorb. There was much more than I presented so be sure to attend a meeting if you can.

I appreciate the vision and willingness of the consortium to immediately move forward with purchase and renovation. I like the idea of turning the lower nine to green space that will be for the benefit of all LLV residents and for the quality of the lake. But I am very concerned about the proposed housing that is planned along Casa Palermo. I spoke at length with Cody after the meeting and discussed my opposition to the proposal at this parcel. I believe that the owners along the east side of Casa Palermo Cir are the only ones who will be directly affected by the proposal as this eliminates the green open space that we bought with the home and replaces it with housing. All others areas will actually remain green and open and except for not being a playable course it will be maintained as a green open space.

Cody was open minded and wanted to hear my concerns and ideas and was willing to meet to discuss options. I intend to follow through with this and to inform my neighbors of the impending changes.

Everyone needs to be involved here folks. These are major changes to the quality of life that we have here. If we continue down the road we are on the lake water qualioty will continue to decay, the courses will remain brown and return to desert, property values will stagnate and the quality of life will suffer greatly. It is a decent proposal but could be tweaked to be a better proposal if there is input from the community. Mobilize and get involved.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM

I need to clarify a few items from my previous post:

Casa Palermo should be Casa/Villa Palermo. These are different neighborhoods and Casa Palermo is not affected that I am aware.

Cody did mention that Master HOA dues would likely increase approx. $30/qtr for this change. So it's not entirely free.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,464 times
Casa,

Thank you for your information. That is a lot to digest, but what I like is that people are in place who appear to care about LLV and it's future. $10.00 a month isn't so bad to get our green space back.

I'm surprised that it would take that long to get RB started. But, we are almost in July and Spring of 2014 is just months away.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM

He also mentioned that it would be at least two growing seasons before the surface is playable.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:11 PM

31 posts, read 66,058 times
Default LLV Re-birth!

This is the "new beginning - a re-birth" that LLV has needed for years --- like I said on previous posts, there is finally some folk who want to return LLV to its former glory as a stunning and unique development.

Hopefull the residents that are directly impacted will be able to offer suggestions that will minimize any down side they will have to endure from the proposed changes. Otherwise, as a whole, this is a balanced plan to save our lake and return the rest of the area into the stunning oasis it once was.

Within a few years, everyone's values and quality of life in LLV will be enhanced!!! My wife and I have always loved LLV and can't wait to spend our winters in your fabulous state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas