Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,096 times

Advertisements

For some reason Mesquite has a lot of flies, not exactly sure why. Somebody told me it was due to horses and livestock but I never saw any, just lots of flies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 05:13 AM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
Consider St. George, Utah. Very close to Las Vegas weather..about 1 1/2 hours to Vegas. New hospital. Prices are higher for housing and Utah has a state income tax. Plenty of people hunt, fish and the state is open to side by sides ( and 4 wheel drives) Not really any "bad" neighborhoods...a few iffy at best. Good luck.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:38 PM

35 posts, read 122,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Consider St. George, Utah. Very close to Las Vegas weather..about 1 1/2 hours to Vegas. New hospital. Prices are higher for housing and Utah has a state income tax. Plenty of people hunt, fish and the state is open to side by sides ( and 4 wheel drives) Not really any "bad" neighborhoods...a few iffy at best. Good luck.

I have been through St George and it looks like and Oasis with all the greenery .. but to cold in the winter just like here in Oregon and maybe even colder with the wind. and arthritus does not like cold weather,,thats why Pahrump is a place on the map of Nevada that is enticing to us ..gotta go there and see for my self ,thats for sure.. thx for the input..

Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto190 View Post
I have been through St George and it looks like and Oasis with all the greenery .. but to cold in the winter just like here in Oregon and maybe even colder with the wind. and arthritus does not like cold weather,,thats why Pahrump is a place on the map of Nevada that is enticing to us ..gotta go there and see for my self ,thats for sure.. thx for the input..
St.George is a little colder in the winter than Las Vegas. It can even snow a few times. I really like that area from having lived there from 1994 to 1999.
Pahrump can get cold in the winter, just like Las Vegas. So you will still have to deal with wind and cold for a few months until the heat takes hold again. If you really want warm year round, try somewhere in the South Pacific.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
St.George is a little colder in the winter than Las Vegas. It can even snow a few times. I really like that area from having lived there from 1994 to 1999.
Pahrump can get cold in the winter, just like Las Vegas. So you will still have to deal with wind and cold for a few months until the heat takes hold again. If you really want warm year round, try somewhere in the South Pacific.
yes,,the South Pacific would be nice I suppose but we want to live in the United States where our families are ..good thought though..

For the wife ,she needs dryer climate than Northwest Oregon has so some where else to live could be cold and still dry and and it will help her .

.We realize we cannot have year around 80 degrees and it only rains at night and the sun shines every day ect ect..LOL just got to go check places out ,ask questions like I have on this forum and therefore get good answers .. thats all you can do and then make a choice and go for it ..

Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM

131 posts, read 210,060 times
Quote:
This way I can find places for sale form realestate and Zillow in the south part of Parumph and when I visit ,,just do a drive by before contacting anyone.
May I also suggest easystreetrealty.com. I find it more user-friendly and searchable than Zillow and realestate.com. We found our house from VT on this site. Just a thought. Good luck in your search, it sounds like you have the right attitude on going about it. I know it really helped us to find a bunch of places online, come out, do drive-bys to get a feel for areas, and then look at them with our realtor.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
I have been through St George and it looks like and Oasis with all the greenery .. but to cold in the winter just like here in Oregon and maybe even colder with the wind. and arthritis does not like cold weather,,thats why Pahrump is a place on the map of Nevada that is enticing to us ..gotta go there and see for my self ,thats for sure.. thx for the input..
St. George, Pahrump, and Las Vegas weather is virtually the same. Only Northern Nevada has weather with any kind of resemblance to Oregon, and that's really stretching it, because Northern Nevada is dry, but gets cold.

It sounds like you have your mind set on Pahrump, and who knows, maybe you'll like it there. But what people are trying to tell you is there is nothing there or within 65 miles of there. It's just not a nice place to live. If you can afford to experiment than go for it. But I'd bet you'd be wanting out of there within six months, and I'll bet that a lot of people here will agree.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:51 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
St.George weather in the summer is virtually the same. But still hotter here and in Mesquite versus St.George and surrounding area. But winter temps differ. I know because I lived there for awhile. The winter gets colder in St.George, but it's still dry there, just like here. At least there is more around the St.George area, plus Mesquite is a half hour drive or so from SG.

I have never been to Pahrump and will check it out next spring most likely. I like quaint dusty little small towns, so I may actually like it out there.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 PM

I have been comparing tempatures between Pahrump and the city I live close to and Pahrump just about all the time has a high of about 7 degrees more and a low of about 5 degrees higher than here where I live ..thats good news as for warmer climate and drier ..

What is the frost line in Pahrump is another question I have ,,I would guess about 1 foot ?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
What is the frost line in Pahrump is another question I have ,,I would guess about 1 foot ?
If you ask that question over at The Chicken Ranch...they'll probably tell you about 6 inches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas