Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:37 PM

24 posts, read 34,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilpw View Post
It must have been a bad day. I've lived in San Diego for 2 months after having lived in Las Vegas for over 5 years and I can undoubtedly say that Las Vegas drivers are the worst. I am originally from Boston where the drivers are very aggressive but they are predictable. Las Vegas drivers are extremely unpredictable as I've seen highway quality accidents in 30mph residential neighborhoods, came close to being in a pileup on the I15 and almost taken out by people running red lights twice in one trip after starting that same car ride with a "people run red lights around here" conversation with my visiting mother. I saw cars run over the roundabouts/rotaries on Buffalo after flying down the street more than once and blow their tires, I've been passed in multi-level parking garages going up the ramp more than once and two thirds of the drivers still text. I thought that it was just because I moved to Vegas in 2007 when texting became really popular but I don't see as many people in CA do it or even MA when I go back home to visit.

Heh heh. I always thought the worse drivers by far in Vegas had California plates. It's like they all thought they were the only ones on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 PM

73 posts, read 150,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt2079 View Post
Heh heh. I always thought the worse drivers by far in Vegas had California plates. It's like they all thought they were the only ones on the road.
I always heard that Nevada imported their bad drivers from CA during the time that I lived there but I haven't seen a car accident in the 2 months I've lived here and can't recall if I ever went 2 months without seeing an accident in Vegas. I have had one experience in CA where I was parked in a place with limited parking and two people from both sides boxed me in while I was backing out to stake their claim to prevent me from even getting out. That was frustrating and would probably happen in Vegas if they were tight on parking. That is one thing I loved about living in Vegas, it's over-development. I relished the available parking and the short to non existent lines when shopping.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,416 times
When I visit LV and rent a car I request a car without California plates so I will not get fingered or run off the road.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
All nonsense. Fatalities would seem to be a reasonable indicator...per capita. Nevada finishes around thirtieth. Actually somewhat remarkable in that one would think that alcohol driven crashes would be a problem. But nope. Nevada is better than AZ and worse than CA. About the same as Oregon. HOw about alcohol...the problems in Nevada have to be alcohol driven right? Nope. NV does not make the top 15. It would appear there are a whole lot of places in the US who drive a lot worse than NV. For big states check out TX. Good old Texans come in real bad almost regardless of the criteria. Never got over riding the horse.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 AM

145 posts, read 490,911 times
^ Bad week in San Diego? I don't think I have ever had that, in my many years visiting that beautiful city. Sure, I've been honked at a few times( usually closer to the city), and its usually a person in a ridiculously priced leased Porsche or Mercedes. However, I also have found people to be very warm and friendly by and large there. In fact, two weeks ago, I was down visiting, and was walking my dog, and a very nice lady took our picture without us even asking, and then followed it up with, "Hope you have had a wonderful time visiting San Diego." I just love all of the smiling faces, people walking their dogs, so much cultural activities that I need a pause button. I have been to many places in the world, and in the country. For me, San Diego is the best city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas