Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:28 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times

Advertisements

I had this scam perpetrated on me at Wal-Mart recently

Two seriously good looking 21 year old girls came over to my car as I was loading stuff into my trunk. They both start washing my windshield with a rag while their cleavage is practically falling out of their skimpy T-shirts.

It's impossible not to look.

When I thanked them and offered a tip, they said no and instead ask me for a lift to another Wal-Mart. I agreed and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and give me a b***job, while the other one stole my wallet

I had my wallet stolen on the 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th of last month and the 2nd of this month, 4th, three times on the 5th, three times just yesterday, and very likely again today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
^lol....saw that coming...no pun intended.

Now see, those are the jokes that jfk used to tell on subjects like this...no longer, I don't know why.

Curmudgeon syndrome?

I would have to say that your level of paranoia might just depend on your past circumstances or where you grew up. Doesn't mean it won't happen anyway. We have had at least 3 dog attacks on people who were just minding their own business. I am not about to take those chances as I walk with babies. I will be getting a weapon and look forward to taking classes and shooting it. Can't wait to hit the range in the NW! Danger lurks in the strangest places and forms. Like it or not.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I had this scam perpetrated on me at Wal-Mart recently

Two seriously good looking 21 year old girls came over to my car as I was loading stuff into my trunk. They both start washing my windshield with a rag while their cleavage is practically falling out of their skimpy T-shirts.

It's impossible not to look.

When I thanked them and offered a tip, they said no and instead ask me for a lift to another Wal-Mart. I agreed and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and give me a b***job, while the other one stole my wallet

I had my wallet stolen on the 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th of last month and the 2nd of this month, 4th, three times on the 5th, three times just yesterday, and very likely again today.
You need to start carrying decoy wallets.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
Well, it does have a place for bills...

Old 03-24-2012, 07:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
macgeek...you're a quack!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
But that sounds like the fear is still there. I can't imagine someone knocking on my front door while I was home and not answering it, whether I knew them or not. In fact, one day, coming home from work, I saw a fire that seemed odd and unattended burning in someone's back yard about a mile from my house. My wife was concerned also. So I turned the car around, pulled into their driveway and knocked on their door. A young woman answered and I explained what we were seeing and my concern. Her husband and I went over and sure enough, it was something that he thought he had extinguished and it was strting to spread. They were very thankful.

Jehovah Witnesses knock on my door from time-to-time. I always answer and politely refuse their literature.

You may not answer your door with a weapon...or even answer it at all, but how do you feel, that if you knocked on your neighbor's door, that they might be answering it with a weapon ready to use on you?
No fear as you call it. I do not want to waste the sellers time as well as my own. I have always done this. Perhaps a byproduct of living in California for so many years leaving my door unlocked, and people would just walk into my home.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 AM

63 posts, read 103,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
No fear as you call it. I do not want to waste the sellers time as well as my own. I have always done this. Perhaps a byproduct of living in California for so many years leaving my door unlocked, and people would just walk into my home.
Your a perfect mark. No crime in Cali, none at all?

Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckpants View Post
Your a perfect mark. No crime in Cali, none at all?
I used to leave my doors unlocked in the 1980's...had a lot of friends and family always coming and going.
I used to fall asleep after work and wake up around 11p.m and finally lock up. This was in a time when serial killers were loose here and there.
Many years have passed since my stupid days. I quit leaving the place unlocked by the time I was 30, married, and all the doors are always locked.
I should also add where I lived at the time was considered rural back then. Even though it was close to the freeway, it was on the edge of town, so far on the edge that Sunnymead, CA(now Moreno Valley) and Riverside would not claim the apt address as in their jurisdiction. But it had a Riverside address. It was so secluded back then, that if a serial killer were trying to find victims in that general area, they would have totally bypassed our tiny little complex hidden behind lots of tree's and off the beaten path.

Also, I am not a perfect mark for anyone. I may have been at that time in my life, carefree, not worrying about whether I locked my doors, etc. But that is long ago and far away from the life I have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas