Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 PM

278 posts, read 1,084,251 times

Advertisements

I'm asking this because I've been disappointed with the touristy places my husband keeps dragging me to. Nascar and Star Trek have to be the most pricey awful tasting food I have ever had. He's like, the kids will love it. Wrong!
I want to go somewhere that at the end of dinner, the food was good and the check doesn't give me sticker shock!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,927 times
i have only limited experiences, but food off the strip has always seems very reasonably priced.

am also interested to hear the take of the longer term locals on this.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Let's see I think you are west side.

Flemings and Roy's - Charleston - A little expensive but very good.

Claim Jumper - Boca - Very good food in large quantity moderate to low.

Kona Grill - Boca moderate - good

There are a couple of pretty good restaurants in Sun Coast and Rampart. We like the coffee shop in rampart. Moderate

Steiner's - Durango at Cheyenne - VP joint Better hamburgers than almost anywhere. Other on Buffalo at Cielo Vista..

Shucks - Durango at Elkhorn - VP parlor - Good shellfish and such. Their 45 buck clambake will fill a couple and a couple of kids easy. Augment with chowder and starters.

Burrito Inn - Rampart and Del Webb - Very good inexpensive Mexican. Those Sun Citiers know how to live cheap. Greap pasta soup.

Zapatas - Craig just east of 15..Really good Mexican VP Parlor. Go for lunch and loaded with flyboys to make the kids day.

Cracked Egg - Buffalo and Cheyenne - Exceptional breakfasts...Great Hamburgers. Another coming at Ann and 95

Vinters Grill - Charleston and Hualapai - More expensive but not too bad if you watch the wine. Delicious food and great service...a gem.

Bob Taylor's steak house. Rio Vista off Ann just east of 95...A throwback. Not bad but too expensive. Try it once. Quite authentic.

Lots of locals are very fond of the Circus Circus Steak House and their Sunday Champagne Brunch. I liked their steaks but have not done the brunch. Moderate by strip standards.

Mon-Ami-Gabi in the Paris is the place we take visitors. It is also quite moderate by strip standards.

Grape Street - Sandwiches and wine - Buffalo and Lake Mead - Not bad.

Akasaka - Buffalo and Lake Mead. Pretty good Japanese. The original on Sahara around Valley View is better though.

Rosemarys. Sahara at Buffalo Expensive...worth it.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,630 times
Let me just put in my two cents here. We have a Kona grill in Denver and my fiance, being Hawaiian, had to try this. I thought it was wonderful. She liked it, she gave it her seal of approval. So we recomend that one.

We ate at Rosemary's last time we were there and it is SOOOO worth it, but not cheap.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:54 PM

109 posts, read 532,234 times
Apple bees not my choice!!!! , but if you are into Italian food, try this one: Roma Deli, it is on Spring Mountain just before jones. It is very good

Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 PM

560 posts, read 2,188,449 times
Any place to eat inside NY NY is wayyyy to pricey for what you get. We also love Grape Street. Agave in Summerlin is also vey good. It is Mexican with a different flare. Islands in the same center is also very good. A side note about Claim Jumpers... It is very good but also very hard to get into if you have more than 2 in your party. I suggest either going early or late...dinner time is next to impossible. I have to agree with the OP about the Nascar place. We ate their one night on our way to see the Schinta's and we were very disappointed. We also occasionally like to go to Marie Calendars, it reminds us of Bill Knapps or Bob Evans. The new Mexican place at 95 and Ann is also excellent, the best guacomole in town. I can't recall the name at the moment, maybe someone else can help me out.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 PM

818 posts, read 3,699,053 times
Quote:
The new Mexican place at 95 and Ann is also excellent, the best guacomole in town. I can't recall the name at the moment, maybe someone else can help me out.
Are you talking about Vega's Cafe? If so, my brother in law and his family own and operate it. Website built by Chest Rockwell himself hahaha!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM

211 posts, read 985,488 times
has anyone tried Metro Pizza? It is right around the block from me but it is damn expensive, I heard it was good though

Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
The new Mexican place at 95 and Ann is also excellent, the best guacomole in town. I can't recall the name at the moment, maybe someone else can help me out.

On the Border...on the internet it is almost a secret. On Centennial Center off Ann one block west of the 95.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:27 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needaplace View Post
has anyone tried Metro Pizza? It is right around the block from me but it is damn expensive, I heard it was good though
Metro is OK, but it's not NY style pizza if that's what you're looking for. Not worth the money IMO.

I always liked the Guadalajara restaurants in the Station properties- excellent guac and salsa, and great inexpensive food if they're still around.

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas