Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:01 AM

131 posts, read 210,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
So happy to have someone like you moving here! The house next to me is vacant
Agree with everyone, and the house next to us is vacant, too, but it doesn't have a pool It does have a half-acre lot and no block wall, though!

Thanks from us, too,for saving that kitty (a two-cat household here and wish it could be more!) If you'll excuse the "mushiness" it shows what kind of people you are to spend that money on a cat instead of keeping it for the move. Vegas will still be here when you get your savings back up, and we'll be glad to have you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 09:20 PM

34 posts, read 50,874 times
Awww my Kitty loved his pain meds after he had to have surgery too. The only time has ever enjoyed meds from the vet, he would even lick them off the floor if any spilled lol.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM

69 posts, read 144,017 times
Awww.... I agree money well spent!! My daughter "saved" 4 kittens that were abandoned in our backyard when their eyes were closed. We raised them in a box, I took them to work and left them in my truck with the windows down for air flow (was Oct in Florida by the beach... good breeze, not hot at all) and went to feed them on every break. They slept in bed with me, and I woke up every hour to feed whoever was screaming next..... was harder than raising babies.... that was 6 years ago... and we still have one. He is such a love bug, we found homes for the other 3, but decided with all that work... we WOULD keep one for us. SOOO - we have 2 doxies and our fat cat who thinks he's a dog.... or human! LOL We were told by a realtor that we wouldn't find a home there that would let us have 3 pets.... well, we found a few to choose from and still looking in case "the ONE" pops up before we get there. And all have no problem with our 3 pets. Thank goodness, because it's like asking someone to give away their kids!! Ummm.... NO!!!! Hope to see you in December!! : )

Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETC143 View Post
Awww.... I agree money well spent!! My daughter "saved" 4 kittens that were abandoned in our backyard when their eyes were closed. We raised them in a box, I took them to work and left them in my truck with the windows down for air flow (was Oct in Florida by the beach... good breeze, not hot at all) and went to feed them on every break. They slept in bed with me, and I woke up every hour to feed whoever was screaming next..... was harder than raising babies.... that was 6 years ago... and we still have one. He is such a love bug, we found homes for the other 3, but decided with all that work... we WOULD keep one for us. SOOO - we have 2 doxies and our fat cat who thinks he's a dog.... or human! LOL We were told by a realtor that we wouldn't find a home there that would let us have 3 pets.... well, we found a few to choose from and still looking in case "the ONE" pops up before we get there. And all have no problem with our 3 pets. Thank goodness, because it's like asking someone to give away their kids!! Ummm.... NO!!!! Hope to see you in December!! : )
Good to hear. I am moving with several pets as well, and not taking them is NOT an option.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Get some good litter

Cat's Pride Fresh & Light Pass Out Cat - YouTube

Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Silly you. But i guess that would be better than having werewolves next door.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Interesting...

I wonder if anyone has ever came across a homeless guy behind some bushes that needed $1000 in medical attention? If so, I wonder if they would shell out the cash?
I agree 1000%......

Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
I agree 1000%......
I disagree a million percent. Homeless people can go to shelters where they have no risk of being euthanized. Homeless pets will be euthanized if not adopted out in 3 days usually. Some shelters just take them in the back and kill them because of severe overcrowding. So my money would be on the cats.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I disagree a million percent. Homeless people can go to shelters where they have no risk of being euthanized. Homeless pets will be euthanized if not adopted out in 3 days usually. Some shelters just take them in the back and kill them because of severe overcrowding. So my money would be on the cats.
Yep. Cats and dogs are a lot more helpless than a human and don't have the support system people do when they are in need. Cats and dogs are often seen as disposable and to those of us who don't see them that way, it is up to us to help them any way we can. They are more helpless than children and more dependent on us than any person.

I keep a bowl of water in my yard this time of year for any animal that needs it in this heat.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM

131 posts, read 210,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Interesting...

I wonder if anyone has ever came across a homeless guy behind some bushes that needed $1000 in medical attention? If so, I wonder if they would shell out the cash?
Sadly, probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas