Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM

246 posts, read 629,432 times

Advertisements

FYI just food for thought - the last 4 times I was in Vegas, 3 out of those times I was in a cab at 4am.
Going to the airport, my flight would leave at 6:30.
I wasn't happy about it, but I was up all night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
As far as the passenger being out late....I didn't include that because in this city its quite common for business people from conventions to be at VIP areas in clubs getting the treatment...all legit and part of doing business. Most clubs let out at 4AM.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:34 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
John L. Smith in the RJ does a nasty bit on the rapper in this mornings RJ. Message was that the guy makes his living as a pimp and included among his ladies the mother of one of his children.

Live by the sword?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
john l. Smith in the rj does a nasty bit on the rapper in this mornings rj. Message was that the guy makes his living as a pimp and included among his ladies the mother of one of his children.

Live by the sword?
go john!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:00 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So...it turns out that, as far as we know, the only person killed in this incident that was truly innocent that night was the cab passenger, Sandra Sutton-Wasmund.

Maserati driver= no plates, possibly on or in possession of drugs and illegal gun...he bragged about having both. Specifically keeping an illegal gun in his car and has gun related charges in CA. He also bragged on twitter about being a pimp BTW.

The cabbie= longhauling his passenger Sandra. Longhauling is illegal AND basically stealing from the fare. He was supposed to be taking Sandra from the Rio to the Tropicana....In no way should he have crossed the strip Eastbound at Flamingo. That would have meant he was going out, at least to Koval before turning South toward Tropicana.

He should have turned South onto the BLVD to Trop OR Taken Dean Martin to Trop. Padding the meter put him and his fare in the path of the speeding Maserati....and it meant their lives...all for a few extra dollars.
this is really stupid thinking

Old 02-24-2013, 06:56 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,910 times
I think that bottom line is that the general public and those with political pull need to put pressure on Clubs like Aria's Haze.

The way you do that is attend Gaming Board Hearings and Liquor Board Hearings and make your voice heard. Also show up when these clubs ask for a license or ask to keep the one they have.

I believe that there may be culpability by the Aria/Haze. I suspect that it is a possibility that either one or both parties left intoxicated. It's not too hard to spot someone who is drunk especially if they are causing a disturbance. The Valet's have the keys and can decide who gets to drive. Might not be good for tips to deny a vehicle to a drunk but might save a life.

Last edited by Packrat1; 02-24-2013 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
I think that bottom line is that the general public and those with political pull need to put pressure on Clubs like Aria's Haze.

The way you do that is attend Gaming Board Hearings and Liquor Board Hearings and make your voice heard. Also show up when these clubs ask for a license or ask to keep the one they have.

I believe that there may be culpability by the Aria/Haze. I suspect that it is a possibility that either one or both parties left intoxicated. It's not too hard to spot someone who is drunk especially if they are causing a disturbance. The Valet's have the keys and can decide who gets to drive. Might not be good for tips to deny a vehicle to a drunk but might save a life.
They need to do something about it. It's not classy. Not sure why people think partying with a bunch of pimps and hoes is nice.

I must be getting old I guess. It doesn't speak to me. I go out to live Jazz by the pool, sip some wine and chill to some smooth tunes. The type of place that has a bit of a dress code is more up my alley. Never thought I'd say this but I feel above many of these hotels nowadays.

Jerry's Nugget is classier than many of these clubs that you have to pay to get into on the strip now days.

It's really gotten uncivilized and these kids don't know how to act right.

Last edited by observer53; 02-25-2013 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: conformed quoted post to the edited version

Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Good news, perhaps they'll have this scumbag up with Orenthal soon.
According to the article 3 posts furthur, this scumbag is now a saint and why put a saint in prison?

Someone should have done this saintly, angelic act some time ago?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
This thread is NOT for discussion of gun control, second amendment rights, gun ownership, or any other general topic. Keep the discussion to this incident, please. Thanks.

Last edited by observer53; 02-25-2013 at 08:26 AM..

Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Can we please spread the blame around a bit more, regarding this incident? This is in regards to Columnist John Smith's recent article in today's paper.

What would have helped eliminate these money-hungry pimps from the Las Vegas Strip, which could have helped to prevent this incident?

Which parties have long been opposed to legalizing prostitution in Clark County? Or Sin City having a bona fide red light district?

Something to think about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: