Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:46 AM

31 posts, read 97,802 times

Advertisements

If you're a limo driver, how much to you make. From what the HR lady was telling me, everything is based on commission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 11:59 AM

51 posts, read 201,473 times
Seems to me it would pay more than no job. So take it and see how it goes.

I have seen on here that limo drivers can make 3k a month i think.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times
Limo driver's income is directly proportional to how busy the city is on a certain week.
You can make to $100 a week to a few hundred a day!
You have to budget or you get in trouble. Limo drivers make I believe as much as taxi drivers but with a lot less hastle.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:40 PM

31 posts, read 97,802 times
Default Thanks Guys

Your right............it's better than nothing..

Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needajobinvegas View Post
I think you'll find that it is quite a LOT betted then nothing. BUT your income is directly based on your personality.....personality draws tips.....

Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needajobinvegas View Post
Limo drivers can and do make well in excess of 100k/yr. However be prepared to be hurled into the slimy underbelly of business and society. It will take you a while to see how the business works, and where the money is----definitely not on day shift. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:34 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Limo drivers can and do make well in excess of 100k/yr. However be prepared to be hurled into the slimy underbelly of business and society. It will take you a while to see how the business works, and where the money is----definitely not on day shift. Good luck.
Sometimes....on very rare occasions I agree with you Sheriff......this is "ALMOST" one of them......You only need to be as slimey as you wish to be......

Last edited by dynimagelv; 10-27-2007 at 03:06 PM..

Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,711,373 times
I knew a Limo driver back in San Francisco and he would make a killing on the weekends from people doing the "club hopping". Yeah, he had to do some shady work sometimes because the party go-ers would want drugs. He would have to drive them across the bay to Oakland to score some dope "crank, X, weed...etc." He would know the dealers personally and would get a "commision" if you know what I mean. Other than that, the strip clubs in SF paid the Limo guys to bring in bachelor party guys to their club. Seems like a fun job if your into that scene.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Sometimes....on very rare occasions I agree with you Sheriff......this is "ALMOST" one of them......You only need to be as slimey as you wish to be......
No, the system in LV is slimy, if you work nights as a limo driver, you have no choice in the matter. Kickbacks are the way of enterprise, and if you don't participate, you don't load. Now, those that choose to be hustlers can be very slimy, but EVERY limo driver is required to kickback. The money earned from the limo charge is insignificant, and the kickback money from strip clubs, clip joints, and whores, $50-$250/head, is the driving force---50-60% to the doormen is the current charge. If one doesn't play, one doesn't load. The starters, doormen, and valets have this down to a science, as the available money is currently ridiculous.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:52 AM

6 posts, read 28,158 times
Default So, You wanna know how much a limo Driver makes?

I'll answer that question and I wont BullSH** you like other might.
I work for the largest limo company in Las Vegas. We have over 700 vehicles.
300 of them Limo's.
All Limo companies work strictly on comm. and tips. As for making $2000 a month as I seen someone post. Horseshi**.

There are 100's of limo's on the rode at any given time.
My checks every 2 weeks has been as high as $2500 for CES that comes by onces a year.
During the summer I had a few checks that were $200 for 2 weeks and one for $82.00 for 2 weeks.
Most times my checks average between $300 and $400 every 2 weeks.
The tips are crap. If ANYONE tells you they make more then a 2 or 300 a week in tips they are liars. All Limo Drivers Lie about how much they make.
I have worked 12 hours many times and went home with one move and a $5.00 tip.
You get a run off the airport for $55.00 people give you $60.00
Once in a while you get a $50 or $100. The $500+ tips are BS. and if anyone rebutes this is full of crap.
The Limo business sucks. Too many Limo's. The only people that are making money are the ones that are stealing rides. Eventually you will get caught and fired.

You may ask why I do it then? 1) It pays my bills and that about it.
The reason why I stay with the present company? They have me spoiled.
I have a schedule. But I can work when I want. If I dont feel like going to work.....I dont go. I dont even have to call in. I just dont show up.
If i do go to work and it's slow. I can leave whenever I want.
The freedom is why I stay with this company. If I didnt work for this company I would go back driving a truck.

Bottom line. Most Limo Drivers are liars. No one is making ****. But they all like to brag they are making $1000's. It's not true. Go to the Airport go to any major hotel and watch the drivers sit for hours without moving and explain how the make $1000's a week. It's not possible. It never was possible and never will be possible with 100's of limo's on the road at any given time.

I hope this helps. Bottom line.....Do something else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas