Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,086 times

Advertisements

It's true that the pig farm was there first. The only bad guy in this story is the real estate industry that did not emphatically & specifically notify all prospective buyers of the pig farm's presence.

Last edited by tomptee; 08-10-2013 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 02:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomptee View Post
It's true that the pig farm was there first. The only bad guy in this story is the real estate industry that did not emphatically & specifically notify all prospective buyers of the pig farm's presence.
Actually they did pretty much. At least on the new build. I actually saw the disclosure in a few of the tracts around there.

Resale would be trickier. There it is really a problem for the seller not the RE Agent. I would push a client within a couple of blocks to disclose. Past that up to the client. Representing a buyer in the area I would disclose the pig farm...in fact I would show it to anyone within a mile. Note from my experience many don't mind the odor. My wife calls it the old home fragrance.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:38 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomptee View Post
Republic Services Garbage Recycling is also in North Las Vegas together with the largest landfill in the USA, Apex Landfill. As someone mentioned here odor cannot be contained and can travel far and wide.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:17 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,675,163 times
We bought near the pig farm and it was disclosed to us. The school where I taught was even closer. It's really not that bad. It's kind of funny to having grown up and been around rural areas seeing how persnickity people get over every stupid little thing. I'm selling my house and it was built in 1989 and I'm a little worried because, here, that is old. In most of the country, people wouldn't think twice about it.

The farmer was there first. Eminent domain is wrong and immoral. If residents want him to leave, they should pool their resources and entice him to do so.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times

want some bacon?
no man, i don't eat pork.
are you jewish?
nah, i ain't jewish, i just don't dig on swine, that's all.
why not?
pigs are filthy animals. i don't eat filthy animals.
bacon tastes good. pork chops taste good.
hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but i'd never know cause i wouldn't eat the filthy mf. pigs sleep and root in s***. that's a filthy animal. i ain't eat nothing that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
how about a dog? dogs eats its own feces.
i don't eat dog either.
yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
i wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. but, a dog's got personality. personality goes a long way.
Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. is that true?
well we'd have to be talking about one charming mf pig. i mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that arnold on green acres, you know what i'm saying?

no thank you i'm a fruitarian.
what is a frutarian exactly.
we believe that fruits and vegtables have feelings so we think cooking is cruel. we only eat things that have actually fallen from the tree or bush and are in fact dead already.
so, uh, these carrots...
have been murdered. yes.
murdered? poor ole carrots. that's beastly.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 AM

I remember seeing that movie. Loved the movie, but the definition of a fruitarian is someone who only eats fruit.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:44 AM

700 posts, read 1,329,782 times
It was disclosed to me and I live almost 8 miles away and off the wind line. I think I have smelled it once this year. Its not so much the odor as it is the unsightly grounds surrounding it.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:51 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Default Pig farm in N. Las Vegas fights on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
If residents want him to leave, they should pool their resources and entice him to do so.
There is no enticing the guy. There is a YouTube video about him turning down something like 60 million from real estate developers back during the boom.

Sent from watch

Last edited by von949; 08-11-2013 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 01:48 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times
It is kind of like people that buy homes near the airport and then complain about the noise.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
There is no enticing the guy. There is a YouTube video about him turning down something like 60 million from real estate developers back during the boom.

Sent from watch
Well, there you have it. We all now know that he's nuts. I find it hard to believe that someone offered him 60 million, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas