Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
who knows where SW1230 is actually from at this point? And frankly...who cares?
Chicago...in case anyone DOES care. Found this while checking the Detroit forum to see why so many from MI move to LV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest1230 View Post
Sounds like the last remaining white Detroit neighborhoods would be near Dearborn....It would be nice if Detroit could clear out the DT area and get a bunch of people in there. You have the Detroit river and Ontario right OVER the river, so you have nice scenery. I really wish I tried to get to know Detroit and its people more over the 35 years I've lived in Chicago. I'm ashamed to say I've just been there once. I remember it having the same feel as Chicago. I just don't think there is anything special about Chicago that makes it the only city in the midwest to gentrify old areas and DT. I think you would have to bulldoze much of the area surrounding DT, however, and build essentially a whole new neighborhood. If you literally bulldozed 1/5 of the city around downtown, it could happen......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolricks View Post
So now your turning your envy and rage on Hispanics huh?!?!? are we only the ones carrying guns, committing crimes and causing havoc in the city??
GET A LIFE DUDE!! any place has its own share of problems.

If you don't have anythig nice to say, don't say it.
she is back to her racist-themed comments i see...never quite blatant enough to get banned, but when you put all the comments together a picture emerges.

and trying to reason or get her to see the other side of the coin is futile.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 AM

278 posts, read 1,084,158 times
Quote:
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.
LOL. I'm always telling my kids this!!
As for the original OP, get a life. You will find all of the bad no matter where you go in this country. There are always "the wrong side of town" where you would not want to drive at night. Name me one city that does not have a bad side.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:47 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Chicago...in case anyone DOES care. Found this while checking the Detroit forum to see why so many from MI move to LV...
she may have lived in chicago, but then again maybe not.

her comments regarding detroit are as uninformed as any others...."get to know detriot and its people" while living in chicago? they aren't exactly close. and of course she is focusing on finding white neighborhoods (who the he** wants to live in an monoculture neighborhood...people who are scared of anything different, regardless of the triviality of the difference)

i found posts from her in the milwaukee forum, too, trying to give advice on where people should move...everything she said was from general (and not entirely accurate pages) on the web. i was too tired to post a response, and happy to see that some MKE people were on it.

i talked w/ one of the austin folk, and they don't want here either....the poster thought that she was from cleveland based on some of the posts they had seen...but who knows at this point.

from what i can surmise, sw1230 just plain has too much time on her hands and a serious need to get out more. her comments about every city are based on information she recycled from the web or from other posts/threads and are for the most part wrong and rooted in deep prejudice. she just joined the city boards in october and already has almost 350 posts...at all hours of the day.

lets hope this person gets the help they need...although it won't be from me as i refuse to feed the troll anymore.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
southwest is nuttin more then a troll doll.....tryin to stir chit......

Old 11-02-2007, 03:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
LOL. I'm always telling my kids this!!
As for the original OP, get a life. You will find all of the bad no matter where you go in this country. There are always "the wrong side of town" where you would not want to drive at night. Name me one city that does not have a bad side.
Do a search on this site for the OP. He/She just goes to all the forums stirring up trouble. Looking for an audience.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
southwest is nuttin more then a troll doll.....tryin to stir chit......
LOL, you beat me to it.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
LOL, you beat me to it.
I'm quick

Old 11-03-2007, 08:14 AM

343 posts, read 1,608,517 times

To be frank, I have either been to or lived in every city i've discussed here. You folks must REALLY be bored to look up mine or anyones posting history. Dont get your collective panties in a bunch, as these are nothing but opinions, same as yours. I can't figure it out, but there is something about posts and heavy traffic that makes people rage. Perhaps its the anonymity of it all. I saw the same thing on AOL chats in the 90's. Best thing would be for people to actually meet each other in person, rather than on here, assuming this is a community of sorts. Anyone actually hang with anyone else here they met on these posts? Or do they just rant and post anonymously? My final opinion, and that is all it is, is that Las Vegas consists of folks, most from southern california, but quite a few other places as well, that couldn't hack/make it where they came from. No one willingly leaves a good paying job to relocate in the Mohave desert. You are not going to find an individual with a stellar professional job record and great prospects moving to the Mohave. Some people are under the impression that those new 5000K a month residents are marginal folks with no skills, but, the fact is, the vast majority HAVE skills, but not enough to thrive where they are coming from, whether the trades or whathaveyou.......at one time, not long ago, Vegas was indeed a blue collar mecca of sorts, but, after the housing run-up bid prices beyond recognition, and the fallout, with the abject loss of thousands of housing related jobs, it isn't anymore.......and thats the truth!

Old 11-03-2007, 08:38 AM

343 posts, read 1,608,517 times

BTW, I've prob been to TOO many places for my own good. Surely y'all are familiar
with the Johnny Cash tune, "I've been everywhere"? Story of my life. For the collective
edification of the posters here, I'm providing the lyrics to the song here. Notice that
the beautiful Winnemucca,Nev. is the first city mentioned(and yes, I've been there,
as well......more isolated than highway 51, and some seriously strange folks, to be sure!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been everywhere

I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"

I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere

I've been to:
Reno
Chicago
Fargo
Minnesota
Buffalo
Toronto
Winslow
Sarasota
Wichita
Tulsa
Ottawa
Oklahoma
Tampa
Panama
Mattawa
LaPaloma
Bangor
Baltimore
Salvador
Amarillo
Tocapillo
Barranquilla
And Padilla

I'm a Killer
I've been everywhere

I've been to:
Boston
Charleston
Dayton
Louisiana
Washington
Houston
Kingston
Texarkana
Monterey
Ferriday
Santa Fe
Tallapoosa
Glen Rock
Black Rock
Little Rock
Oskaloosa
Tennessee
Tinnesay
Chicopee
Spirit Lake
Grand Lake
Devil's Lake
Crater Lake

For Pete's Sake
I've been everywhere

I've been to:
Louisville
Nashville
Knoxville
Ombabika
Schefferville
Jacksonville
Waterville
Costa Rica
Pittsfield
Springfield
Bakersfield
Shreveport
Hackensack
Cadillac
Fond du Lac
Davenport
Idaho
Jellico
Argentina
Diamantina
Pasadena
Catalina

See What I Mean
I've been everywhere

I've been to:
Pittsburgh
Parkersburg
Gravelbourg
Colorado
Ellensburg
Rexburg
Vicksburg
Eldorado
Larimore
Atmore
Haverstraw
Chatanika
Chaska
Nebraska
Alaska
Opelika
Baraboo
Waterloo
Kalamazoo
Kansas City
Sioux City
Cedar City
Dodge City

What A Pity
I've been everywhere

I've been everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas