Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 PM

611 posts, read 951,531 times

Advertisements

Darn, what's worse than being in another country and experiencing a bladder infection...Not an emergency but where to go that won't cost an arm or a leg and the hassle of phoning your out-of-country insurance providers? I just wanted a quick visit and antibiotics and a doc to confirm that was in fact the problem. I noticed Walgreen's down the road from our condo had a TakeCare Clinic in it so around 9 am I went in, entered my personal info on the computer kiosk, waited 15 minutes, and as indicated my appointment was around 40 minutes. The kiosk information says each person's appointment will be approximately 30 to 45 minutes. This included my lab tests, history, 2 prescriptions electronically sent to their pharmacy, and a 5 page printout of my medical symptoms, test results, treatment, and recommendations. All this for their $100 fee for people that don't have a U.S. health coverage plan. Sadly I was told no alcohol or coffee for the rest of my holiday but that's ok...I can live with that to feel better. When I arrived home there was a message on my answering machine as a follow-up of their services and then an online survey asking my opinion on their services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 12:32 AM

646 posts, read 1,157,206 times
Actually, that's pretty impressive. Had you already consented to your doctor sharing your medical history ... or how does that work?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:42 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Here's a clinic that I've referred people to before. Walk-Ins accepted and reasonable fees.

Welcome to Phillips Family Practice Clinic

DianeV, they probably have a good EHR system at the Walgreens clinics (EHR=electronic health record). At my last gig, we implemented one with a patient portal so patients could log on from anywhere and have their complete medical history. They could also export it to share if they so desired. Technology, when applied correctly, can really help streamline medicine.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 AM

102 posts, read 275,337 times
That is good to know. Although we are covered by ins. I always wondered how those clinics work.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,436,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
.....All this for their $100 fee for people that don't have a U.S. health coverage plan....
How do they know if you have U.S. health coverage plan or not?
If someone have a very basic health insurance coverage with high deductible, and thus don't want to use the insurance, can they still go to this clinic?

Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,538,404 times
walmart clinic

Old 06-06-2013, 10:09 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,436,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
....This included my lab tests, history, 2 prescriptions electronically sent to their pharmacy, and a 5 page printout of my medical symptoms, test results, treatment, and recommendations.....
They send the prescriptions electronically to their pharmacy, so you can only purchase medicine from their pharmacy, not from any other pharmacy. Is this legal?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 AM

611 posts, read 951,531 times
I knew my Canadian health plan won't automatically allow me to just walk in a clinic so basically I was a patient with no coverage and it was $100 for foreigners. I don't know what a U.S. person pays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas