Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,862,879 times

Advertisements

My wife and I were very disappointed to find out the Koreatown Plaza food court was closed when we returned to Las Vegas last month. It was a great place to get a good, quick, inexpensive lunch. Woonam Jung, adjacent to the now empty food court was fine as a substitute, but for Asians, there is something comforting about seeing your native cuisine so mainstream that there is a food court devoted to it. There were signs up a month ago stating that they were taking applications for new vendors in the food court, but until today I hadn't seen any activity. Btw, in case you didn't know, the mall, and the restaurant are owned by the Lee family, of Lee's Discount Liquors.

Woonam Jung
Everybody Woonam Jung tonight: Korean barbecue awaits you - Las Vegas Weekly

Today I was shopping at Greenland Supermarket and saw that one spot in the food court was open, with signs suggesting that at least two more spots would be opening soon.

The old food court:

ラスベガス情報 KOREA TOWN PLAZA FOOD COURT - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
A decent variety of Asian fast food joints, I like the Greenland grocery store as well.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:48 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,974 times
Here's hoping that large building on the NW corner Rainbow and Spring Mountain is purchased and made into a nice Asian plaza.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM

The other two locations in the food court are open now:

Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM

We shared a lunch special for two from the first stall. Lunch includes four appetizers (Banchan), two bowls of rice, seafood pancake (pajeon), steamed egg, kimchee or miso stew, and an entree, which in our case was spicy pork. The pajeon and spicy pork were served sizzling, on cast iron platters. Cost of the lunch special is $19.95 for two.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:26 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
That looks great! Gotta try that place one of these days!

Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Here's hoping that large building on the NW corner Rainbow and Spring Mountain is purchased and made into a nice Asian plaza.
Hopefully someone will develop that old KMart commercial center. Lennar Lantern Gardens is constructing close to 200 brand new homes behind it, nice homes with larg balconies. Great addition to the area. Tenaya, Spring Mountain and Desert Inn have been landscaped beautifully by Lennar.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:58 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,412 times
The only issue I had with the new Lantern Gardens homes development {viewed models last week} is that it is next to Wells Cargo (gravel and processing pit full of dirt, dust and smells like rotten eggs at times) and across the other street from the 99cents store and a major WallyWorld center. Lots of traffic where this community is located {Spring Mountain, Tenaya, DI} Nice homes, built a bit too close to one another, but for me, I didn't like the area they are in though Someone else might like the convenience of major shopping across the street, you wouldn't even have to get in the carGetting back to the topic of the Greenland Korean food court, does anyone know why it closed down in the first place?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM

38 posts, read 68,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
The only issue I had with the new Lantern Gardens homes development {viewed models last week} is that it is next to Wells Cargo (gravel and processing pit full of dirt, dust and smells like rotten eggs at times) and across the other street from the 99cents store and a major WallyWorld center. Lots of traffic where this community is located {Spring Mountain, Tenaya, DI} Nice homes, built a bit too close to one another, but for me, I didn't like the area they are in though Someone else might like the convenience of major shopping across the street, you wouldn't even have to get in the carGetting back to the topic of the Greenland Korean food court, does anyone know why it closed down in the first place?
There was a revolt from the previous food vendors and the owner kicked them out. Plus reports of large rats at night.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeallthetime View Post
There was a revolt from the previous food vendors and the owner kicked them out. Plus reports of large rats at night.
Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas