Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 08:03 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times

Advertisements

Now I have a question about housing. My friend's son is moving here to manage a store on the Strip and he was asking about rentals. I want to tell him to go through a legitimate rental agency so he doesn't end up renting from some scam artist. Anybody know of any good ones, or ones that only cheat the owners and not the renters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 08:15 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,793,443 times
If he's looking for an apartment I would think that going through the complex's management company would be safest. For a house, go with a real estate agent. At least that's my plan if I move out there

Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
If he's looking for an apartment I would think that going through the complex's management company would be safest. For a house, go with a real estate agent. At least that's my plan if I move out there
That's fine once you find a complex you like, but I was wondering if rental agencies can help you find the right place for you. Also, unless I'm wrong, not a lot of realtors that I know in Las Vegas deal with rentals.

I was hoping some of the locals on here have had dealings with any Las Vegas agencies before I get back to my friend.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:43 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
That's fine once you find a complex you like, but I was wondering if rental agencies can help you find the right place for you. Also, unless I'm wrong, not a lot of realtors that I know in Las Vegas deal with rentals.

I was hoping some of the locals on here have had dealings with any Las Vegas agencies before I get back to my friend.
If the guy wants a house, townhouse or condo I will volunteer Buzz. If he is looking for an apartment he should use the online guys. There really is no central agency for Apartments.

I do an occasional rental for good buddies and list dwellers. I don't think you can make a living at it unless you really commit to it and then it would not be much of a living. But it is a good way to pick up future clients.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:56 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,793,443 times
As for apartment complexes it's really going to require a combination of going to several of sites like rent.com and apartment.com among others plus going to Vegas and physically visiting the complexes. I did some research to narrow down the areas I was interested in, then I was able to identify complexes by putting in the amenities that I wanted in the apartment and my price range. However I have to stress actually going to the complex to see if it is really what you want, I recently identified a complex that had all of the features that I wanted and the floor plan looked great online but when I took a tour it wasn't the right fit for me so I'm back to the drawing board. Also not every complex is on every site so even if narrows it down to a neighborhood he may need to visit several sites to identify all of the complexes to look at

Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 PM

lvoc, I'll give him your info.

I haven't even been inside an apartment for about 30 years, but I do know where I'd go and where I wouldn't. I see some that look pretty nice up at this end of town, but when I see they people coming and going in some of them I wouldn't want to live there. But, I recommended that maybe he should look in the southwest area since he'll be working mid Strip.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:10 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
is he going to manage a store at the linq?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
is he going to manage a store at the linq?
His dad said it was a new shopping center across from the Bellagio, but I think he's talking about the Linq, Goorin Hat Shop.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:10 AM

347 posts, read 542,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

There's plenty of agents on Craigslist willing to spend time helping someone find a home for rent. It's not a lot of commission for them but some of them don't mind as long as something comes in for them.

Stay far away from any property run by FSR = First Service Residential. they rent and run HOA and are a nightmare. Look up yelp reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas