Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:02 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times

Advertisements

None at all. Anyone in your back yard had better be invited.

Adding the single word "back" to to post #6 would have obviated most of this page. I don't speak for anyone but me. But when I read it, I inferred that you had this posted in plain view in order to project a bad-ass image and keep dirtbags from knocking on your door. There are plenty of people who do this in the valley. I have looked at real estate that had signs by the doorbell, "House protected by Smith and Wesson."

Old 08-04-2014, 08:26 PM

557 posts, read 793,551 times
Besides the HOA not allowing hanging target on front door the, the negatives would outweigh the positives. Now if that burglary entry stats were opposite of reality then that would be an interesting choice. Again the reality is entry to your home is going to come from the rear about 80% of the time. When entry comes though the front, its usually through the garage and then a second unlocked door between the home and garage.

No need for a bad ass image, just don't answer door for solicitors sales people. I have been very fortunate that we don't have any solicitors. Our HOA is actually posted with signage very clearly at the gate that would be trespassing and punishable under RNS.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
You'll have to forgive Scoop, he is a Liberal. He believes only the government should have guns. The problem is, gun control will ensure that only the bad guys have guns. Government and criminals. I don't trust either.

Gun control upsets the balance of mutually assured destruction. If we could go back and eliminate all guns, great. But we can't. Disarming the good guy and not disarming the bad guy simply wont work.

Lets respect the 2nd amendment and understand why it was important enough to be number 2 on our founding fathers list.

BTW, I'm all for mandatory gun use/safety courses. All tools need instructions.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
You'll have to forgive Scoop, he is a Liberal. He believes only the government should have guns. The problem is, gun control will ensure that only the bad guys have guns. Government and criminals. I don't trust either.
Right after a post where I said that I don't speak for anyone but me, you decide to speak for me? Not cool. Not cool at all. I don't tell the world how you feel. Don't presume to do it to me.

I'm fine with the 2nd amendment. It is the law of the land. And it's there for a very important reason. But it starts with the words "A well regulated." All I want is for anonymous private sales and the craziness that happens at gun shows to be reined in. I want it to be harder for felons and nut-cases to obtain firearms.

This is something we could at least WORK ON. But we are currently doing nothing. I have an uncle who buys cheap guns and sells them at gun shows -- in the parking lot. No background checks. No waiting period. No rules, actually. He claims his amateur arms dealing is constitutionally protected. He's no better than a meth dealer, as far as I'm concerned -- shoveling cheap handguns at people who cannot pass a background check simply isn't good for our society.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Scoop, I apologize for speaking for you. I really didn't mean to.

And after reading your individual feelings about what should be required I feel even worse. It seems we are closer to the same page then I imagined.

I agree with 90% of what you just said.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:00 PM

I certainly accept your apology.

The reason nothing gets done is this country is more polarized than at any time since the lead-up to the Civil War. Since I want loopholes closed, I must be some sort of commie. I get that all the time online.

If there was anything worth hunting in the immediate area, I would hunt. (Same goes for fishing.) I'd be much happier if there was deer, pheasants or even wild boar in the immediate area. I am fine with the responsible, intelligent use of firearms.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 PM

35 posts, read 48,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
Other states trash coming into our paradise.
yup, no such thing as bad people from nevada!

Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades45 View Post
yup, no such thing as bad people from nevada!

Unfortunately, most bad ones DO come from other states, as most of our population here in Las Vegas IS from everyplace else OTHER THAN Nevada.

Blessings

Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM

15,855 posts, read 14,479,382 times
If I lived in Vegas, I'd likely have a gun quickly available at all times. But only I would know that. It would not be advertised.

As far as home invasion, I would make my house difficult and risky to try to break into,whether I was home or not. I'd likely buy a house that has the garage and the living room forming an outside hallway leading to the front door. At the end of that space, facing the street, I'd have a wrought iron gate put up, with a video intercom and a remote lock on the gate. If someone wants in they have to ring, I have to see them, then they can get to the front door. I'd also have a video system covering the front, so that I could see if anyone was trying to hide out of site of the intercom.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If I lived in Vegas, I'd likely have a gun quickly available at all times. But only I would know that. It would not be advertised.

As far as home invasion, I would make my house difficult and risky to try to break into,whether I was home or not. I'd likely buy a house that has the garage and the living room forming an outside hallway leading to the front door. At the end of that space, facing the street, I'd have a wrought iron gate put up, with a video intercom and a remote lock on the gate. If someone wants in they have to ring, I have to see them, then they can get to the front door. I'd also have a video system covering the front, so that I could see if anyone was trying to hide out of site of the intercom.
The male victim let them in.

His last words were "they need to use the phone."

All the guns and security doors in the world wouldn't have helped the poor guy. It was a surprise attack after they convinced him they needed help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas