Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times

Advertisements

Meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 06:30 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,807,706 times
we should just wind the clock back 1hr every year... that way we all get an extra hour sleep and don't have to fear that dreaded daylight-savings-rob-me-of-my-sleep day.... flawless solution

Old 10-30-2014, 06:18 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,201 times
You only get an extra hour of sleep on the day you turn the clocks back. The day from then on is still 24 hours we just adjust to it one hour is not added or subtracted when we change the time Fall forward spring back. My on personal opinion is it cost more and we use more energy especially electricity by falling back lights are on sooner. During the energy crisis back in the early 70's the turning back the clocks in the fall was cancelled and we stayed on the spring ahead time. It was proven then to be a big savor $$$ to do so.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:56 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
when we lived in arizona, we had family in california & idaho. az didn't change time, so part of the year we were on california time & the rest of the year we were on idaho time.
Which makes it more confusing, IMO. It would be easier if the state changed time, and stayed in ONE time zone all year (I'd prefer Pacific time). Now I have to figure out what time stiff is on TV, etc. Not changing when everyone else does...stupid.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:15 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
You only get an extra hour of sleep on the day you turn the clocks back. The day from then on is still 24 hours we just adjust to it one hour is not added or subtracted when we change the time Fall forward spring back. My on personal opinion is it cost more and we use more energy especially electricity by falling back lights are on sooner. During the energy crisis back in the early 70's the turning back the clocks in the fall was cancelled and we stayed on the spring ahead time. It was proven then to be a big savor $$$ to do so.
I will get an extra hour sleep for several nights. It always takes my body a week or 2 to adjust and I will find myself going to sleep an hour earlier than I normally would, However I will wake up at the same time as usual. So yeah, an extra hour sleep for me for at least a week.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:21 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,853 times
I'm simply refusing to do it.

Bill

Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,201 times
Living out here in the southwest is not as brutal by turning the clocks back BUT!!!! having lived in the upper Adirondack NYS area for 50 years+ where winter and the cold weather can last 6 to 8 months it is a real downer for everyday life. It is dark when you get up and dark when you get home from work. Your utilities bills increase for electricity and heating, driving conditions become worse more freezing earlier and darkness to drive in. Your mental state suffers it is very easy to get depressed and have sleep problems. You feel like you are living a life of the un dead (Vampires) 40% of the population above the 40th parallel which is just below Boston MA and goes all of the way across the country has a vitamin D deficiency because of the lack of exposure to sunshine on uncover body parts arms legs and etc because of the cold and having to be covered to stay warm or lack of time in the sunlight because of the weather conditions mostly cloudy. Life is tough enough and this law makes it worse.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
Living out here in the southwest is not as brutal by turning the clocks back BUT!!!! having lived in the upper Adirondack NYS area for 50 years+ where winter and the cold weather can last 6 to 8 months it is a real downer for everyday life. It is dark when you get up and dark when you get home from work. Your utilities bills increase for electricity and heating, driving conditions become worse more freezing earlier and darkness to drive in. Your mental state suffers it is very easy to get depressed and have sleep problems. You feel like you are living a life of the un dead (Vampires) 40% of the population above the 40th parallel which is just below Boston MA and goes all of the way across the country has a vitamin D deficiency because of the lack of exposure to sunshine on uncover body parts arms legs and etc because of the cold and having to be covered to stay warm or lack of time in the sunlight because of the weather conditions mostly cloudy. Life is tough enough and this law makes it worse.

It is like that here, too.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Wonderful. I have a calendar that shows the time change is supposed to be on November 2nd. I hate the time change anyway and screwing with the date all the time is even worse.
it is on November 2nd.. 2am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas