Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 04:51 PM

28 posts, read 120,811 times

Advertisements

Ok, yes I'm a cheapskate and so is my wife Looking for a hotel room stay near or on the strip with a jacuzzi in the room that offers free breakfast and/or other perks for under $100 a night. This will be for March.
Haven't been to Vegas in many years so I understand it's changed -no free buffets
Considering Ballys, Flamingo, Luxor, open to considering others.
I know some hotel have gotten tricky with hidden resort fees, charging for wifi, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM

2,133 posts, read 1,805,431 times
Unless you are a high roller or are a loyalty club member with some offers you aren't going to find any of that. Depending on when you're going I don't think you'll even get a basic room since most hotels charge $20 to $25 a night in resort fees. The only other suggestion I would have is start playing MyVegas for future trips, you can play for free and earn points that you can trade in for rooms and meals but it would take several months at best to earn enough points for that.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,028,049 times
March = Spring Break… Your only hope (i think) will be downtown Las Vegas. The D has whirlpool rooms (no breakfast, etc). I stayed in one when it was Fitzgeralds…. and if you are thinking Thursday - Monday.. definitely no way… Forget the jacuzzi thing.. step up… come during the week.. and stay at the Cosmopolitan… Of course, thats going to run you $250 up.. at least

Old 01-26-2015, 07:37 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,954,747 times
I had one of those jacuzzi rooms once at the Luxor and that was only because there was raw sewage backing up into our shower in our original room, so they upgraded us to the corner suite. You're just not going to find what you want... especially for under $100.

And any "free" buffet you may find will be a buffet you will regret eating.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:43 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,825,216 times
Where as it Dyn always claimed he was moving? 1955.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:40 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,046,253 times
I checked on the internet for you--made up some dates since you did not specify when you were going in March. March 10-13 has several Strip and Downtown resorts under $100 (with resort fees incl). Multiple older properties under $75 (with resort fees incl). Flamingo, Ballys, Monte Carlo were listed--and they are nice properties.

NO in-room Jacuzzi. No free breakfast. You might find a standard room with a jetted tub. The "hidden" resort fees are clearly listed on most travel sites when you select the room to review for purchase or reservation.

As a self-declared cheapskate, you might consider lowering your expectations. Circus Circus is offering $25/night (add resort fee to that) with a $20 F&B credit using the search parameters above. These teaser offers range from small F&B credits to 2 for 1 show tix, golf discounts (Strat), and are short run specials to meet projections. These kind of offers are really on the fringes of the Strip (CC and Strat are far for walking)

I would forget the Jacuzzi and move up to a better room in the heart of the Strip. If you are going on a weekend, forget it.

Sign up for the loyalty program (players' club) at the resort when you arrive. Sometimes they have intro offers for freebies and other discounts. Use the card.

Hurry up. Deals come and go fast.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:56 AM

116 posts, read 127,134 times
You can find rooms at many strip or near properties for well under $100 including resort fees most times of year. Your added requirements do not make this realistic at all. It's the same as saying I want a flight from LA to NYC for $325 but I want first class. You can get the flight but first class no way. The first weekend of the NCAA BB tourney in March is not a time when hotels have a lot of empty rooms.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:29 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,593,171 times
The $20 trick at check in also might get you an upgrade. Has worked for me in the past but that would take you over your budget. If this is a special occasion then maybe you should just splurge. Although the rooms are a little tired you can get a jacuzzi suite at Harrah's if you have to have a Jacuzzi for two. On the other hand if you just want a nice soaking tub many hotels fit that bill, Palms, M Resort, Green Valley Ranch ect. Also you might check Palms Place too as I have stayed there for cheap before and they have a big tub and nice view.

Last edited by Packrat1; 01-27-2015 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Edit

Old 01-27-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBender View Post
You can find rooms at many strip or near properties for well under $100 including resort fees most times of year. Your added requirements do not make this realistic at all. It's the same as saying I want a flight from LA to NYC for $325 but I want first class. You can get the flight but first class no way. The first weekend of the NCAA BB tourney in March is not a time when hotels have a lot of empty rooms.
And you have spring break march into april

Old 01-27-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
The $20 trick at check in also might get you an upgrade. Has worked for me in the past but that would take you over your budget. If this is a special occasion then maybe you should just splurge. Although the rooms are a little tired you can get a jacuzzi suite at Harrah's if you have to have a Jacuzzi for two. On the other hand if you just want a nice soaking tub many hotels fit that bill, Palms, M Resort, Green Valley Ranch ect. Also you might check Palms Place too as I have stayed there for cheap before and they have a big tub and nice view.
Palms M and Gvr all over 100.according to their website no matter the days and none are even close to 100 with a jacuzzi... Triple it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas