Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:44 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,309,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
They are only closing 2 stores, the one you mentioned and the one at Trop and Jones.
Yes, so far. They will all close eventually. They are so far from the original concept from when they opened many years ago, but now that they have closed the one we could walk to, we will settle for Smiths, which is a good store with good prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 01:02 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,284,208 times
The Fresh and Easy on Vegas Dr. just had a grand reopening a couple months ago. I didn't know what it was so I didn't check it out. Then I started seeing their funny day dream commercials on hulu and I kinda got the idea it's a grocery store and deli section. That was surprising hulu caught on to our move and was doing targeting ads. It doesn't seem like F & E is targeting my neighborhood with paper ads however because I've never seen anything on it. Yet we're just around the corner from it. Somehow I get flyers in my door every week for the pizza shops that are miles away from us on Rainbow though. I'll have to check it out.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:01 PM

850 posts, read 1,027,834 times
I was sad to see the change in the F&E format. For me there's only a few things left worth buying. Woodchuck cider, those pig shaped "Hispanic" cookies, chicken quarters and seasonal meats on sale.

IMHO I think they won't survive but the new format could appeal enough to the convenience seekers unlike the cheapos like me.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 4,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
O'Bannon is one of those hidden enclaves of wealth. I do think a Trader Joes at the Aliante location would do well. It could service Aliante, Centennial Hills, Eldorado. There's enough money there.
I've lived in Aliante for 4 years and am now moving out of state in the next few months. We've wanted a Trader Joes or a Sprouts Market forever. The combination of Smiths and Costco has been fine, but another grocery option would improve the area. And there certainly is enough wealth in the area to meet the standards of a Trader Joe's.

As for F&E...no surprise here. We've used it off and on for convenience. But I only shop there if I know for sure they carry what I need. I've also been disappointed they sell less and less British items as they once did. It's a win for Smiths and Albertsons I guess. The largest negative for the community will be another empty building (SEE: Decatur and Ann).

Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,284,208 times
Finally checked out our remodeled Fresh and Easy for the first time. It's like a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods with organic options, individual products, coffee/deli area. Also it has a hybrid feeling with the regular grocery store with it's nightly marked down discount sections. I want to say it's like a Sprout's layout but not into the super Farmer's Market feeling, and it's also like a convenient store feeling. It's open 24 hours and offers self service. It really has it's own individual feeling to it. I want to say it took all the best things about these stores and combined them into one.

Big plus for me is it only has self check out lines so I don't have to deal with anyone if I don't want. I kind of, sort of, love it!

Old 04-29-2015, 03:39 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,309,424 times
We checked out the new Fresh and Easy style a month or so before our local one closed down. It was on W.Sahara somewhere. I didn't like it as well as the original F&E and the higher prices were a turnoff. Since my husband and I do not buy processed meals, which is the majority of what they carry these days, there was not a whole lot of things for us. The produce section was puny. We will still stop into one now and then if we are in those area's.
I think their new stores are perfect for those who either do not like to cook or do not know how to cook. People can just grab a ready made meal or order something freshly made.
Now if they would only turn the now empty store into a Trader Joes, we will forget all about the former F&E.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:38 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,813,881 times
I almost never shop there since it's too far from where I live, but Trader Joe's has the cheapest coconut oil cooking spray out there... there is no better cooking spray imo

Old 08-09-2015, 12:53 AM

243 posts, read 238,579 times
In Aliante, North Las Vegas, Centennial Hills etc, you will not get higher end grocery stores such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joes (not high end) or similar stores. The demographics in these areas do not support the demographics that higher end food retailers require, i.e. household wealth, college education and such. Those areas will continue to be stuck with the stuck in the 1970's big box Albertson's, Von's, Smith's and their factory food and pool chemical junk.

Do like I did and vote with your feet, real estate agent and a moving company. I moved from Centennial Hills to Red Rock Country Club. Whole Foods and Sprouts are about 15 minutes away.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:12 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusafpilot View Post
In Aliante, North Las Vegas, Centennial Hills etc, you will not get higher end grocery stores such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joes (not high end) or similar stores. The demographics in these areas do not support the demographics that higher end food retailers require, i.e. household wealth, college education and such. Those areas will continue to be stuck with the stuck in the 1970's big box Albertson's, Von's, Smith's and their factory food and pool chemical junk.

Do like I did and vote with your feet, real estate agent and a moving company. I moved from Centennial Hills to Red Rock Country Club. Whole Foods and Sprouts are about 15 minutes away.
I guess someone forgot to tell the Sprouts on Flamingo and Rainbow ( across the street from a bail bonds place and a Mexican market ) that they were only allowed to be in Summerlin or Green Valley

Old 08-09-2015, 07:28 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,822,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I guess someone forgot to tell the Sprouts on Flamingo and Rainbow ( across the street from a bail bonds place and a Mexican market ) that they were only allowed to be in Summerlin or Green Valley
And the Trader Joe at Washington and Buffalo. Or the Whole Food at Tenaya and Lake Mead.

Our friend the pilot is much too impressed with his middle class slum. How they could build such nice houses on such small lots...boggles the mind. Oh there are a few very nice places but mostly Red Rock suffers from the same problem as Centennial. Too many homes per acre. Particularly sad on these one story railroad flats they built up against all the golf course fairways. Better like your neighbors because you are going to know them well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas