Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 01:03 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,312,582 times

Advertisements

Went to the closing of our local Fresh and Easy on Centennial/Simmons yesterday. The parking was terrible. We did find a spot but further away. Hard to find a cart so people were lugging big boxes around, doing the balancing act with their arms holding giant piles of things. Lugging grocery bags full of items to take to the checkout. I sent my husband out to find a cart and he found one luckily.
Never saw that many people in the store at one time. Most things were half off except for fresh foods. The liquor section was completely wiped out first. People have their priorities I see.
I wish they would have given their employees more notice. In some stores, they only had a week, and the rest just 3 weeks.
The next closest one is at Centennial/Commerce. And probably the next one to close after this one. Along with the rest one by one. Now if they would only give us a Trader Joes in that same location. That store would be packed all the time and it would save us a drive to the next closest one which is Decatur/O'bannon or Buffalo/Washington. That store is the perfect size for a Trader Joes.

I don't see why they won't give us a Trader Joe's out here in or near Aliante. We also need a Whole Foods, Sprouts, and a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant would be nice. If all of these places existed near where we lived, we would actually go a lot more than just a few times a year. We only go to them if we happen to be in their area for something else. We never plan a trip just to go to something halfway across town when we have our local Smiths nearby at Aliante parkway/Deer springs. It also has natural foods, a pretty good selection too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 01:38 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,013,786 times
Trader Joe's isn't going to add a store unless they think that people there are willing to spend $10 for a pint of artichoke dip -- that's why the current stores are in Summerlin and Green Valley.

There used to be the "Albertsons Live Lobster Index" as well -- if your local Albertsons had live lobsters in a tank, you lived in a more affluent area.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 AM

I would never spend $10 for artichoke dip. But I would spend a couple hundred on groceries in there. One of their current stores is not in an affluent area: Decatur/O'bannon. Near Meadows mall. A more run down poorer area. I seriously doubt most of the locals around there would ever be interested in an alleged $10 container of dip. Besides, they have plenty of dips for $3-4. Just as good.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:01 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,144,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I would never spend $10 for artichoke dip. But I would spend a couple hundred on groceries in there. One of their current stores is not in an affluent area: Decatur/O'bannon. Near Meadows mall. A more run down poorer area. I seriously doubt most of the locals around there would ever be interested in an alleged $10 container of dip. Besides, they have plenty of dips for $3-4. Just as good.
O'Bannon is one of those hidden enclaves of wealth. I do think a Trader Joes at the Aliante location would do well. It could service Aliante, Centennial Hills, Eldorado. There's enough money there.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:04 PM

687 posts, read 1,947,404 times
Is it a sure thing that the Fresh & Easy in Centennial will be closing? I shop there often and would hate to see it go.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:59 AM

It is definitely a sure thing for the store at Centennial parkway and Simmons next to Aliante. Not the Centennial hills Fresh and Easy. Not yet anyway. I think they are all going to close one by one. We went the last 3 days to our local one. First day was like a jungle. Second day they put more inventory out and less people, but still a lot. Third day they marked down all the cheese, eggs, deli meat and milk products so they are probably all wiped out by now. When they run out of all inventory the store will close by April 3. I think sooner, since the shelves were very sparse when we left right before 8pm.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:18 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,061,759 times
Quote:
It is definitely a sure thing for the store at Centennial parkway and Simmons next to Aliante. Not the Centennial hills Fresh and Easy. Not yet anyway. I think they are all going to close one by one. We went the last 3 days to our local one. First day was like a jungle. Second day they put more inventory out and less people, but still a lot. Third day they marked down all the cheese, eggs, deli meat and milk products so they are probably all wiped out by now. When they run out of all inventory the store will close by April 3. I think sooner, since the shelves were very sparse when we left right before 8pm.
They are only closing 2 stores, the one you mentioned and the one at Trop and Jones.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:20 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,542,368 times
Quote:
fresh and easy closings...

good... that store sucks.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:47 AM

455 posts, read 653,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
good... that store sucks.
Smiths and Albertsons suck, I kinda like Fresh & Easy...

Old 03-26-2015, 10:36 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,789,837 times
I received a flyer in the mail today for curbside service at F&E. That's something I would do. Basically, you call in your order or go online maybe (I'm upstairs, flyer's downstairs) and they bring your groceries to a designated parking spot(s) when you arrive. I live near the Centennial Hills location. It's already a convenient store for a quick in and out shopping experience. Sometimes I just need a few items. I'd love to be able to stay in the car in the heat of July and for someone to run out for a quick pick-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas